• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Im Back!

Rate this topic

SKAOLboy

Well my first cruise experiance, was intresting. And the learning curve was alittle tough. The first time i tried to open my door (8550) the door wouldn't open, went to guest relations on deck 4 and they said they'd send someone up to check on the door. By the time i got to my room 4 floors up, there were already two maintance people working on it.....very impressive! indeed.

but the real trouble i had was on my last few hrs of my cruise, the day started as usual, woke up at 6:30, when the ship finally got into port i thought i missed my shore excursion, the ageless air boat ride. because we got into port at 7:30 and off the boat by 8ish. we asked where the ageless boat tour would be rounded up and we waited.....and waited.....and waited. finally after 2hrs i got a little nervous and asked a RCCL employee that the tour hasn't showen. after he examined my ticket, we noticed it was for july 19th! i didn't notice the date on the ticket. not only was my shore excursion for the 19th (when my cruise was the 21st) i was offically stranded at the port. so i had to take a cab back to the airport (117 dollars later) and waited 6 hrs for my flight.

any help on dealing with RCCL on a refund on my excusrion ticket and possible reimbursment on the taxi?

other then the above my cruise was perfect! great service and even better food. without this forum, i would have been a more confused of what and where to go.

review comming soon.

Welcome back! Was this a ship excursion? or did you set this up on your own? As far as getting any reimbursement you may have to call and write a letter until someone with the authority will listen. Explain to them that it was your first cruise and that you would like to sail with them again!!

Hope everything works out but I am glad that you had a good time with the rest of the cruise. Don't give up....cruises are great.

It's great to have you back here, Skoalboy. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your first cruise in spite of the glitches. That's the sign of a real cruiser. Those glitches will keep this cruise in your memory forever and you will laugh when telling your stories. You have a great attitude, Skoalboy, you don't sound angry , just wanting to fix the mistake. My hat's off to you.

RCI can be a real pain sometimes but here's my best advice......

Send a copy of the ticket, a copy of your seapass card(it will prove you were on the sailing) and a brief letter stating what happened and that you would like a refund. If you have your stateroom bill you could also include a copy of that with the tour circled.

Send it off to Miami......Hopefully you will be able to straighten this out. It could take a few weeks. Tell them how much you enjoyed your cruise but how disappointed you were, etc. etc. Maybe they'll send you a certificate for your next cruise.

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

You can e-mail them with the form on their website if you wish. Not sure if you could fax them the copies or not. I prefer to deal with them in writing.

well yesterday i decided to talk to my travel agent to see whats the best method of dealing with RCCL. To my suprise, she actually wrote me a letter and had her offices header on it. She sent my reservation number, a photo copyed version of the tickets and since i saved every e-mail they sent me i also sent along the e-mail confirming my excurisons for the 24th.

just waiting to hear back.