• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Prepaying for cruises

Rate this topic

lilrosie

I have a queston,,,,my dh and I want to go on another cruise ,,this time we will take our 2 sons 15 and 12,.. I have seen in past posts that people prepaid or made pments on cruises...Are you talking about payment<] plan>> I saw a while ago on carnivals site a menu for that but never looked into it..now when I look for it I cannot find it...Is this something we<] need to talk to a T/A about or how can we do it?? <] Our last cruise we booked ourselves online thru Orbitz..got a really good price Also I have seen advertised 3/4 person discount is there that much of a<] difference in price??<]Any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate..I am desperately trying to get us on another cruise..lmao..Lastly,,Jason..Gottacruz..I am from Gainesville Fla area..do<] you know of any discounts for Fla folks?? <]We prefer to ship out of Tampa area closest to us ( Hubby refuses to go out of Miami) I say if its cheaper then lets do it..but....lol Thanks in advance to any help you can give me...

While you can't make payments with some of the online agencies, you can with a good TA. You make the required, per person deposit, and you know when the due date is for final payment. You can send the TA monthly payments if you like. I have many customers who do that. I also have had some who just had me charge their credit card monthly till it was paid off.

On Princess, you can book a cruise and just have to give a deposit of $100. You also get a cabin credit. You don't have to book a specific cruise, just a future cruise. Your deposit is good for 4 years, and if you decide to not use it, you can have it refunded. You can go to a TA after that and use this deposit for your booking. I don't know if other lines does this, but I would be surprised if they didn't do something like it. :smiley:

Every cruise we have ever taken has been on Carnival. We book them thru "Cruises Only" and we pay a deposit of $500 for the 2 of us. The balance then has to be paid 75 days before sailing. You can pay it a little at a time or not make a single payment until that due date and pay it all. The deposit is $250 per person, so of course we paid a higher deposit when the kids were younger and went with us. Of course, the deposit is subtracted from the amount of the cruise.

Hi Gregswife! :grin:

Thats what me and Annie do too,but we book directly through the cruise line! :wink: This gives us the chance to work on our Cruise expense budget and we pay as we go! :wink: Just got it paid off Last Week! :grin: We got a D-1 Superior Ocean View With Balcony for $649.00 PP! :wink: for 7 Days Western on the Rhapsody! :cool: