• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Don't Rain on my Parade

Rate this topic

Tut

:grin: Bingo!!! :grin: Here's a littel story for your amusement. My wife is Indian and that is where we went for our honeymoon. 4 yrs. later we returned to see her family. We ran into this fellow who said he remembered me from our first trip. As I met ALOT of people then I forgot some of them including him. I was polite and said I did not recall him. This made him, for whatever reason very upset and he began to question me like I was some sort of idiot for forgetting him. He even attacked my memory. Well finally I had enough so I defended my memory and myself. My recall is pretty good actually. He challenged me that if I had such a good memeory then why could he remember me but I couldn't remember him. My response was "i must have made more of an impression on you than you made on me." :grin: I just wish you could have seen his face pale. :grin: It sure took the wind out of his sails. :cool:

I had a similar encounter to Jacketwatch's, only closer to home. I sing at a local piano bar one night a week, and visit that bar, and another, several times a week. I get to meet a lot of people, and often forget their names.

I was talking to one guy, and said, "Gee, I feel terrible, but I've forgotten your name..." He then started on a tirade about my memory, and how shallow I was, etc; etc; When he finished, I just replied, "Now, I know why I forgot your name....." Everyone around us laughed, as he slinked off....