• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Alaska in September

Rate this topic

rwams

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

We did the inside passage in late August, early Sep last year. The weather was, as expected, rainy and temps in the 50's. But the beauty

of the area is well worth the dreary weather. It is, after all, Alaska. Have a great trip.

Cheers

Tim

Rick we've been in September and May. We had way better weather in September and we were the last cruise out - 3rd week of September. We even wore shorts on one day. We didn't experience any rain in September but had rain in May - what can I say, weather is weather. Take a good warm jacket for outdoor activities.

No matter what the weather is like, Alaska is like no other destination....you don't go for the weather - the beauty and the wildlife is totally superb and the towns are quaint. You're going to have a blast!!

Joey, we didn't worry about the nights so much as the ship is the same temperature inside as it is in the Caribbean. Now if you want to sit out on the deck you will need to put that jacket on. We saw the Northern Lights at 3 am and it was pretty, pretty cold - I would say close to freezing with the wind chill of the ship moving, but it was such a spectacular sight that I only realized that I was an ice block once we'd gone back inside.

Joey,

It usually got down in the high 40's at night.

Jackie and Tony,

You are so right about the scenery. The only difference I would do next time is not to bother booking a balcony cabin. While they are nice in the

Caribbean it really is to cool to stay out there in Alaska. At least it was on

our cruise. But the scenery is unlike any we have ever seen anywhere in the world.

Cheers