• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dinner on Carnival

Rate this topic

The Dress up nights are called Formal Nights, you could wear a nice evening gown or a nice Pants suit depending on your dress style some people just wear jeans and a blouse! But it is Formal night so go for It! :wink: I wear a suit or tux and my wife wears a nice evening gown and matching slippers or heels! This is a good time to get those nice pictures you have always wanted,and make sure you take your camera and get some of your own taken together with your camera! :wink: Id like to welcome you aboard to the best site on the Web! :wink: Let me know what you decide! :wink: Hope this helps a little I had help from my DW on this one! :grin: :tongue:The picture of me and my wife on my Avatar is Casual dress for us! :wink:

I agree with Robert on everything he said........Although the jeans and blouse are in the minority. I think I have only seen it once or twice.

The majority of the people wear formal attire. The dining room looks awesome.

For those that do not want to dress formally they can always choose the Lido Deck to have their meals.

Hi and welcome to cruisecrazies. Carnival is not too dressy at all - I wear a pants suit and dh usually wears gray flannels and navy sports jacket.

What you would wear to wedding, nice restaurant or even to church would be just fine. it is really important to wear what you like and what you are comfortable in. A bit of sparkly jewelry makes any outfit look dressy as well.

Some get away with a lot less but they look out of place. I have actually seen jeans and t-shirts on formal nights - not the norm though.

It does get chilly in the dining rooms and the show lounges - so take along a shawl or sweater for your shoulders.

As has been said previously - you will want to get all gussied up for those photos - you will be amazed how breathtakingly beautiful you actually are lol. we always say we are going to only buy one or two - but it seems to multiply somehow :grin:

One thing you must guard against on your first cruise is the addiction - you will become addicted to cruising - that's a guarantee. Afterward you will eat, sleep and breath cruising - not that it has actually happened to any of us :wink:

Welcome to our board. Yes, Formal nights, which are usually the 2nd night out and the 5th night on a 7 day cruise, are to get dressed up as you would going to a top restraunt on land or formal wedding. It's a wonderful evening seeing most passengers in their finest including the young family members. Sadly after eating, many folk rush back to their staterooms to slip into something more casual. Many times you see people back in shorts, sandals "T" tops etc which is a little disappointing as Formal Night is not "Formal Evening". The rest of the cruise is generally casual but there is nothing to stop you getting dressed up if you wish. But I have to admit, men in "T" shirts and ladies in mid-riff baring tops do not look appropriate in the dining room.

Regards,

James.

:cool: Hello: We took the Destiny to the Caribbean 3 yrs. ago. its a really nice ship and I'm sure you will like it. Some of the dress code for formal nights depends on the destination. Its more casual in the Caribbean and more formal in the Med. I wore a suit, my son had a sports coat, slacks and no tie. My wife and our sons GF wore nice dresses. All went well. Have fun. :cool:

• 3 years later...