• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Need your input..please

Rate this topic

lilrosie

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been brainwashed to believe that children belong to the state and the state can decide what's best for them. They are your children and if you want them with you on a cruise, take them! Public schools are a waste of time. I homeschooled all five of my children and we could take off and explore the world anytime we wanted.

Sewut

You are NOT a terrible person to want to show your kids the world and spend it together. :smiley:

Don't fret it. Take your kids on this trip. We pulled our 11 yr old DD out for a week for our family trip. She was given her work to do while we were gone. And while we were on our trip, I took a notebook and her write down her thoughts of the day before she went to sleep. She wrote about the Islands and things she had seen in her own words. And she can look back on it when she may start to forget. We(DH and myself) did some research on the places we were going and did plan our excursions around some very interesting things. So our DD not only had fun but learned a lot and didn't even know it until she was back in school and talking about it.

Pulling your kids from school is NOT the end of the world. And you being their mother, you know what's best. Not anyone else. So my advice is to go, have a blast and brag about it later. hehe

BTW, we're pulling our DD out of school again for our MED cruise in 2008. And we don't see anything wrong with it. :sealedlips:

Hope this helps.

~Jackie