• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LIVE FROM THE SUN PRINCESS!

Rate this topic

zebra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today we decided not to do the Champagne Breakfast for two in the stateroom- but for those who are interested to menu was:

Warm Basket of Homemade Pastries

Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon with Dill Cream Cheese and Toasted Lemon Brioche

Medley of Fresh fruits and Forest Berries with Honey Chantilly Cream

Crab Quiche with Alaskan Crab Legs

Plus a half bottle of Moet & Chandon for $25 per package

The transit through the Canal was of course wonderful and extremely informative, it was a pretty warm day and towards the end of the day we resorted to staying indoors. We docked in Cristobal in the evening with the topless natives doing their welcome dance for us :grin: We decided to forgo the disembarkation as we have been to this very colorful market, with tons of handmade goodies, before. Instead we went to the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" which we enjoyed.

Today is another day in paradise (paradise being if you like 93 degree weather!!), of course next to the pool with the cool breeze it can be dangerous because it doesn't feel that hot.

After breakfast we went to the Cake Decorating Demo - which was a real fun demonstration, after which I was going to go to Ceramics@Sea. For those who haven't done this before - you get to decorate pottery, in the case of today it was Wall Tiles for the entrance of your home. This was a follow on (2 lessons) from yesterday, so I decided to skip that, and went to Trivia instead. We have such fun at Trivia - other than the learning that we do we also have many many laughs! Then guess what........... you guessed it...... I went to Bingo and WON!!!! (About time!!), whilst Tony went to the Scholarship@Sea Lecture by author Colonel Stephen M. Bauer, former Military social aide to the White House - today's topic "Social Life in the White House.... Presidents Reagan, Bush (41), CLinton, Bush (43) and LBJ".

Tonight is "OctoberFest" - which we're looking forward to. Until then we're going to swim and read our books I think. Choice, choices, choices!!!

Jackie, it all sounds so wonderful. Unfortuneatley, my days aren't quite as exciting, nor relaxing, around here. Enjoy the remainder of your cruise and keep on winning at Bingo - it will help to pay for the cruise you have coming up in a few weeks - or all the shopping in port!!!

Cheryl, sorry you're not having relaxing days - but as they say "every dog has his day" - so one day you'll be cruising whilst we will be leading our hum-drum lives. Believe it or not, we decided not to spend much on this vacation, as we have another one right on it's tail :grin: The only things we've bought is coffee in Seattle and coffee in Costa Rica. So my indulgence has been Bingo, which as you know is only played on sea days and we won't have many of those on the next cruise either.

Well tomorrow is Aruba - so I'll check in again, and let you know all about our day on the beach under a coconut palm, just kidding..... we've been there done that... I think we're just going to do the "window shopping" thing, and who knows maybe I'll even buy something!!! :grin:

Hi Jackie,

I just found this thread tonight and I have enjoyed reading your daily cruise details. Sounds like a great cruise and that you're having a wonderful time. Congrats on winning at bingo -- that's something that I have never done.

How do you do go from one cruise to the other? How about some lessons on being organized?

Can't wait to read "the rest of the story".

Greetings from Aruba!

We disembarked at 9:00am this morning and set foot on a very hot and humid Aruba, even though the wind was really blowing we still perspired about a gallon on our excursion into the town. Unfortunately being a Sunday, only the touristy shops and all the jewelers were open. So we walked around a bit in the pretty town of Oranjestad and once we were drenched from the humidity we decided to do the long walk back to the pier. We had thought of snorkelling - but the wind is really kicking up the ocean so it wasn't ideal circumstances. Nevertheless Aruba is a great stop for those of you who haven't been here.. it's a very flat desertlike island with pretty beaches.

2 more days and then this cruise is over - it's been a wonderful break for us but we're looking forward to the 2 weeks back home (can you imagine that?) before we fly out to Barcelona. Yes Joey, - only 20 days woohoo!!!!!

Ciao for now!