• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: Disney Wonder

Rate this topic

Jason

PrincessOne has submitted a review of her cruise early last month aboard the Disney Wonder. The itinerary was the Southern Carib, and this was her 8th cruise. Here are some ratings from her review:

Entertainment: Excellent

Service: Very Good

Cabin: Very Good

Food: Good

Overall: Very Good

Thanks for the review, PrincessOne! I enjoyed reading it and I encourage everyone else to check it out as well. :grin:

PrincessOne,

Thanks for your review of Disney Wonder. It sounded like you had a moderately good time. I thought it was really funny when your 4 year old daughter said she wanted to go on Carnival next time.

You had mentioned having two bad experiences with the cruiseline booked excursion. Can you elaborate? I'd be very interested in knowing what happened.

It's great that you hit the ground running. You are already contributing to the board. I look forward to hearing more from you.

I would be happy to elaborate on both the shore excursions and the kids room...

These were all brand new stops for Disney...so maybe the bugs for the shore excursions weren't quite worked out.

The beach tour for Barbados was unorganized....and we were brought to an aquarium, that I did enjoy....the beach was a public one, not a private one and after paying for the tour $100 for 2, we were told we would have to pay $5 each for a chair...I am not cheap, lol...but I did feel I spent enough for the tour!

The beach for St. Lucia...again...was unorganized. The 5 of us were hounded by vendors...to the point that we were uneasy leaving our things on chairs to enjoy the beautfiul waters. I love St. Lucia and it is my favorite Southern Caribbean island...we left the beach early, by getting our own taxi...many others left as well...

Disney reimbursed me for the taxi.

As far as the kids room. My 4 year old likes to be busy...crafts, baking with me, things like that. There seemed to be alot of free time in there. On Carnival and Royal Caribbean, the kids made pillowcases, tshirts, many many things. Not just basic paper coloring. Don't get me wrong...having the character interaction is a huge plus...lol...she does ask to go back though...after our Princess cruise...and another trip to WDW...lol.

Oh, I did find that the staff in the kids room spent alot of time talking at the desk with each other...not as much interaction with the kids. They did have a neat Disney University graduation that was neat...they earned a tshirt and a grad cap with Mickey Ears...

Wow sounds like you did have fun on the Disney Wonder, but I wonder, is it not an old ship? I thought it was like 3 or 4 years old. My family and I were thinking of going on a disney cruise ship but my parents said that ship is old and we should save the disney cruise for when they have a new cruise ship. Do you know if Disney will be coming out with a new ship anytime soon? I am sooo a disney fanatic! I have all the disney songs on my ipod and disney posters in my room lol.

the ship was built in 1999, so it really isn't that old.

They are wanting to add 2 new ships to the fleet, but the Euro is not good enough yet.

The ship certainly doesn't look old...it is going to refurb, actually she is there now I think.

It is built "art deco" style...not real open like the big mega ships.

I am just not convinced that the premium price is worth it. I would rather the bigger ships, and lower prices.

Nice review, PrincessOne. Also, thanks for the follow up posts on your cruise. Our youngest Daughter, SIL, and their two girls are looking to book a Disney cruise next summer. It's either that or they may book a Carnival cruise.

We recently spent a few days in WDW and then did a 5 day Carnival out of Port Canaveral...it was awesome!

The price of the Carnival was less than half of the DCL...for a better cabin...

Tell them to talk with a TA that isn't just out for commission...lol.

Preferably one that has done both...I am a Disney fanatic...but I like the other lines for cruises.