• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

first time cruiser, advice or comments welcome

Rate this topic

Welcome to Cruise Crazies! First cruises are so exciting and we'll all be happy to help you anyway we can, sometimes you can't get us to shut up about our favorite pastime. LOL

Are you talking about going during spring break?? If so I would avoid Carnival and RCI if you want a nice couples cruise. I agree with Joey I'd choose Celebrity or Princess. Both are good choices for couples and usually have very few kids aboard.

If you have an extra day you could book your own airfare and do an overnight hotel stay, but I'd still check with the cruise line to see what kind of fares they are offering, sometimes they have good deals. Once you decide on the cruise we can all help more with air suggestions and hotels.

Go to your local travel agent and pick up a few brochures and read through them to see what you might enjoy.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cruiserwanabees,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies.

I haven't done many cruises but I've done 8. I am just as excited about he upcoming 9th cruise as I was for the 1st which was on Carnival Destiny to the Southern Caribbean. I was immediatedly hooked on cruises and now look for every opportunity to do it.

In addition to some of the suggestions already posted, I would suggest you look at some of the reviews in the review section. Keep in mind that reviews are one person's opinion. I can go on a cruise an have a great time while another person on the cruise is dissatisfied with everything.

I've never had a bad cruise.

Cruiserwanabees, I have tried several times to respond to your pm and it just will not go thru. If you have a regular email account, you can email me at cherylafuller###### and I can send you the info, via email. It keeps telling me that your username cannot be found here. i ams ure it is just a computer cliche.

Yeah, it is pricey onboard, but I have heard they are really cracking down and if they catch you sneaking it onboard, they can deny you boarding the ship. I was very surprised last cruise, because usually if you buy liquor in the shops on board, they hold it and deliver it to you and the end of the cruise, but last time we bought some rum at the shop because they had Bacardi for $9 a bottle which is less than I can get it at home and I so I got 2 bottles and they put it a bag and gave it to me then and so I had it in the room for the last 3 days of the cruise.

First let me say that we, also were first time cruisers this past Feb....now we're thoroughly hooked and are about to leave on our 6th cruise......this year! So......be warned......cruising can be very addicting.

Next, check to see if you're eligible for any military rates......Carnival (and some other lines) has incredible deals for active and retired military. We ended up paying only $68 per person a day on the upcoming cruise including taxes and port fees and we've got a top level balcony cabin!

Any lastly......read all the reviews to get an idea which ships and cruises might be right for you (but don't believe everything you read...2 people on the exact same cruise can have totally opposite views on how good or bad a cruise was).

Just enjoy and don't sweat the small things.....cruising is incredible!