• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

passports

Rate this topic

frostyboy64

A letter received from a friend

If you are going on a Royal Caribbean Ship in 2007...please note the following letter that I received from Royal Caribbean regarding the passport requirement:

"For now, our policy requiring passports for travel in 2007 is still the same. However, if any changes occur, they will be posted on cruisingpower.com. See below. This come from our Manager of Security.

Royal Caribbean International is aware of the recent U.S. Government change in U.S. passport policy. We are presently reviewing the implications of that policy and possible effects it can have on our guests and should anyone of them need to depart the ship in a Caribbean, Mexican or South American port for any reason and be required to fly home without a passport.

Until that determination has been made, our requirement for a valid U.S. passport for anyone sailing with us and returning to the U.S. on or after January 8, 2007 remains in effect.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this issue."

If you have any further questions...be sure to check with your TA if you used one or Royal Caribbean...

Frostyboy!

It only took us 10 Minutes to get through customs on debarking with Passports, others with Birth Certificates took a lot longer and the Customs gave them a longer look and checking! They just slid ours through the computer like a credit card! :wink: None of our Luggage was checked or our tote Bag either! :wink: This is the fastest Ive ever been off a ship! :wink:

few years ago, we forgot to take our passports with us. It wasn't a problem as to boarding the ship, but when we checked in, she told us that without proof of citizenship, we would not have services available to us in port that other US citizens might. I assume she meant in the event that we ran into trouble....

With a name like mine ( ARVIDS)

On our first few cruises they checked out documents very throughly. Which is what I expected.

Since we now have passports we are at the desk less than 2 minutes if not less.

And they always say Welcome home.

With a Drivers License and Birth Certificate we were at the counter once for 20 minutes.

I am glad that they throughly check everything. But its very true to keep a copy on you when you leave the ship. You never know what could happen and heaven forbid you would ever need to contact the U.S. Embacy to get home

I just heard on our Local News station that if your traveling to Mexico you will need a Passport to come back into the US! Drivers License wont do! This is effective for Jan.1st 2007.This is coming back from Mexico , they didnt say about other Countries! So this will pertain to anyone sailing or doing a land Vacation, or by foot into Mexico and returning back on US soil! :wink:

The new ruling was passed this week...officially.

Sea travel, only needs a birth cert. and driver's licence ...BUT to come back to the States by land or air...you need a passport.

Royal Caribbean is continuing to require passports...and are claiming that they will deny boarding without it!

If something, God forbid, should happen while you are on a cruise after January ...and you had to be medivac'd or fly home...you couldn't get back into the country...

I highly recommend getting your passports!

D