• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The biggest difference

Rate this topic

vcop102

I think it really depends on the ship. I have heard that Carnival rooms are much smaller than Royal Caribbean. That being said, I think both are true, it just depends on the ship.

I have never sailed Carnival, but have heard very good and very bad comments. I have heard the same about Royal Caribbean. I have only sailed RC, and have only loved it. I did just book a cruise with Princess so I can see the differences for myself.

We've been on both equally. I agree with Cheryl...the room on Royal Caribbean was nice, but the storage space was awful.

I think Royal Caribbean is a little classier cruise.

I think the food is comparable.

I think there are more activities on Carnival.

I would not hesitate to cruise on either of them again. And again. And again.

Me and Annie like Royal Caribbean its more laid back and we were on a smaller ship but weve cruised twice with Carnival and also liked it but RCCL is our Favorite but they dont have anything to replace Rhapsody which will be leaving galveston! Theres nothing listed for Sept.,Oct,Or November next year :tongue: We are looking to book the Conquest out of Galveston for Oct.2007! The Cabins depend on what you reserve,RCCL has bigger cabins but I agree with Cheryl I beleive Carnival has a little bigger Balconies and more space so we will find out on the Conquest! :grin: It just depends on what you like, if you find something that fits your style then stay with it! :wink: But a change doesnt hurt once in a while to change up things either! :grin: Good luck whatever you choose! :wink:

As others have said, it depends upon the ships. I'll add that itinerary and length of cruise are also important factors.

I will say that, IMO, Carnival has improved its product vastly in the past several years. Our 5-night cruise on Carnival Victory this past summer exceeded our expectations in many ways.

In my post above, I should have clarified that I was comparing the Fascination with the Majesty of the Seas, which I think are the same size or approximately the same size. We have been on the Fascination so many times so that when we arrived on the Majesty we were quite taken back when we saw the cabin. I'm sure the larger RC ships have larger cabins but I was comparing the Fascination with the Majesty.

Hey Miss C I meant that they have larger size cabins as well not bigger ones than carnival, I didnt post it correct! :tongue: Like JR. Suites are Larger than the Balconies, I do beleive carnival has RCCL beat on just Bacony cabins! :wink: Thats what I meant! :grin: