• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Making up gift bags

Rate this topic

vcop102

Hey everybody I need some ideas.The last two trips we made to the Dominican Republic we made up gift bags for the workers at the resort.We carried the items and made them up in our spare time.We carried toys,dolls,school supplies,candy,makeup items,baseball cards,perfume,and lots more I can't think of now.We want to do the same thing on our cruise when we go.Would these items be OK or can you think of other things to add.We also carried some over the counter meds.?Do you know if toothpaste etc. is supplied for them or do they have to buy that?We also tip so this is just extras maybe for the ones doing jobs that are overlooked.I know the ones probably cleaning and polishing get little appreciation for the job they do.My husband got up early one morning and gave tshirts to the workers who were cleaning seaweed off the beach.He said they were so excited that someone thought of them.These are the people we want to make up the bags for.Any ideas greatly appreciated!

I assume your the DW because of saying your husband gave t-shirts :wink:Ill PM you and give you my Daughters E-mail at work she made up boxes of gifts for the troops in Iraq! :grin: She will have all kinds of info for you on what to do! :wink: And glad to have you here and Posting! Is your DH in Law Enforcement? Just wondered by the name, me and annnie are! :wink:

My name is Vicky and I worked in a copper plant for 13 years.That is where the vcop came from.My dad was a cop for a long time and my brother and sister-n-law are also cops.The plant I worked at closed down about 6 weeks after we came home from China with our daughter.I decided to stay home with her so now I am a licensed home daycare provider.I have six 2,3 and 4 year olds.Somedays I think the copper plant was easier!I am glad I can stay home with her though.

Vicky