• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: Celebrity Millennium

Rate this topic

Jason

s73645 has submitted a review of her recent cruise aboard the Celebrity Millennium, one of Celebrity Cruise Line's newest ships. It's now available within our Cruise Review Directory. Her cruise set sail on Oct 29th to the Western Mediterranean, and she was on the same cruise as Joey and David.

Be sure to check out this new review....It'll be very interesting to read a second perspective on the same ship and sailing. Thanks for the review, Shannon!

Shannon, Thanks so much for taking the time to write the review. I'm so sorry to hear about all the negatives. I'm glad to hear that at least the waitstaff in the dining room was excellent. I hope your next cruise will more than make up for this one.

Shannon - I too am sorry you had a less than acceptable experience - my husband and I and our traveling companions Suanne and Harvey as did Joey and David had a wonderful experience. I suppose the same things can look different to different people. We found the service and food wonderful - each member of the staff was friendly and helpful. My husband an avid physical fitness "freak" found the exercise equipment much more than adequate and in excellent working order. We also had wonderful interactions with the librarian and attended one of her special programs on a sea day. All in all we are still relishing in the memory of our experience and look forward to a cruise to the Baltic on a Celebrity ship as soon as finances allow.

We also had a wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat. We felt the service and staff were friendly and very helpful. I knew the cruise would be a sampling of the countires with not as much time to explore as a land base trip. we have never been to Europe before so we felt it was a good way to see where we would like to return without having to schelp luggage and move to a differednt hotel every few days.

I am also sorry that Shannon's experience was not a good one. She undoubtedly put a great deal of effort and time into the planning as we all did- let alone the money. I am glad that the wait staff met her expectations.

Shannon, sorry we did not get a chance to meet on this cruise. Hopefully your next adventure will be a better experience for you.

Gail

s73645,

I'm sorry you had such a rough time on the Millennium.

It is possible for people to experience different degrees of satisfaction on a ship because there are so many different sections and so many different crew members. Unfortunately, you met more than one on the negative end of things.

I do hope you give cruising Europe another chance, if not on Celebrity maybe another line.

I find it so fascinating to explore the different European countries and have the ship be my home base.

I hope your next cruise makes up for this negative experience. I really feel for you.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify...

We had a great time on the cruise.

The few negatives didn't ruin it for us. We enjoyed being together and relaxing with out the everyday business of working, hunting and gathering, and generally providing for others.

We figured out that when it comes to places with ancient ruins, awesome museums and unbelievable architecture, we would prefer to just park ourselves in the middle of the city and stay a few weeks.

It was funny... every night we would be saying to each other " why don't we just get a train to ( insert next port here) tomorrow and spend more time here in ( insert current port)" By the time we got to Rome, we were considering catching up to the ship in Venice. We are goofy like that.

Oh.. I forgot another positive comment.... the sheets were not scratchy.

I'm happy that we all had a bon voyage. :cool:

Hi Shannon.... glad to hear you did enjoy your trip. We know what you meant about wanting to stay and see more. For us, it was just an appetizer and what a great time it will be when we return for the main course :smiley:

I just love the archtechture and the art. Amazing. I'm already being so nostolgic. oh well.... to next time.

Gail

Thank you for posting your review... and so soon after returning. (I am delinquent in posting my own from several months ago.)

One question -- is there just one concierge? The reason I ask is that we recently had a concierge on a ship that had just 22 suites, and she told us that one of the reasons she likes working on this particular ship is that she is able to give full attention to "her" passengers. She hoped she would not be assigned to a larger ship as she was fearful that she wouldn't be able to provide the same level. (As an aside, I'm sure she would have done just fine.)

I'm certainly not excusing the service provided by your concierge (as it sounds like it was none) -- I'm just curious as we are booked in CC on Celebrity Century in July.