• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

NEW EXCITING CHANGES: Have Begun!

Rate this topic

Jason

Good morning everyone,

For those of you who have noticed some MAJOR changes to our forum design and layout, this is just the BEGINNING of the new CruiseCrazies. Working throughout the night, I have extensively upgraded the CruiseCrazies forum software from an antiquated version to one of the newest operating versions possible. Our new forums are now PACKED with loads of new bells and whistles, including the features I listed below. I'm so excited about the new features we have....and I know you're going to love them!

This is by far only the BEGINNING of the exciting changes you've been waiting for. The next several weeks will be the most exciting time EVER for all of us here at CruiseCrazies. Enjoy our new forums!! Please remember to use the Testing forum while learning to use the upgraded message posting tools.

If you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

SOME OF THE MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS:

New:

Improved Layout with collapsable menus

Neater quick stats with collapsable main stats

Online/Offline user indicators in posts

Multi-Quote: Ability to quote more than 1 post at a time

Improved basic Mozilla text editor (text at cursor)

Many new options and settings through the User Control Panel

Searching:

Ability to search within topics

New search & filters tool in member list

Full text searching improvements

Optimized with better search results display

New Find all members topics feature

Private Messaging:

Ability to show CC users

Message count for each folder

Improved new PM notification

User Control Panel (UCP):

Avatar resize now with GD image compression

Photo resize now with GD image compression

Ignore user feature

ALSO:

Please excuse the "construction mess" which you may notice as I implement these upgrades to our community. Upgrading the forum software for a large community such as ours does take time, and it may take a bit until I get all the kinks ironed out. Please do email me if you are experiencing anything unusual or if you have difficulty using a particular feature: webmaster@cruisecrazies.com

Jason, you really got me . You gave me no clue so imagine my surprise just now when I came online. Not even a hint about all this . Love it. Everything looks great but I need a course on how to work everything. I never figured out how to properly use the quote thingy the old way and now it's changed? Lots of new buttons and stuff that I can't wait to try out. I love the new emoticons and especially the new post icons. I can't believe with all the other stuff you and I have been working on , you really pulled the wool over my eyes on this. Not even an itsy bitsy hint about all these changes. You are AMAZING!!!Where did you learn how to do all this??????? :wub: