• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is your LEAST Favorite....

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

Peddler, our best friends, whom we will be cruising with, live in your neck of the woods. They used to live in Dallas (as did we) but about 5 yrs. ago, built a gorgeous cedar and stone house up on Lake Whitney. She is a realtor based out of Hillsboro. I am not sure how far Waco is from them, but that is where they go to the dr. or for shopping, so must not be too far.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....since I love cruising, this was a tough one....but I actually came up with 2.

(1)I really dislike dieting after the cruise is over to drop the pounds I gained at the buffet. It was especially hard this year since we went on 6 cruises and it seemed like I spent the year dieting.

(2) Unpacking.......my cure for that is to just put all the dirty clothes in one bag and keep everything else packed to we can leave "spur of the moment" :rolleyes2:

I'll be honest.... If I get upset.. I DO try my darn-est to choose my sentences carefully. and have, and will go back to the individual and apologize if after the fact in reflection I think I Had been the least bit rude... I must agree civility first.

Hi All:

Sorry I haven't been around in while.

I had to think long & hard about what is my least favorite thing about cruising and I have to say the following (and will probably get flamed for the comments):

1) I have trouble with parents that let their kids run around unsupervised during the cruise and expect the cruise line personnel to monitor their children at all times. I was on the Splendour of the Seas about a month ago. The captain made an announcement that parents are to supervise their children (when not in the kid's program) and if there is any unruly behavior the family would have to disembark at the next port of call.

2) Underage drinking. This can be a real problem especially with parent's that buy their underage teens drinks.

Terry

No flame there too Terry! How right you are! Drinking causes many problems and teenagers may do stupid things when drunk(heck even adults do too, but mostly teenagers). They should be held accountable! I wonder what the consequences are if an underaged minor is caught drinking by security. Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll get what they deserve. Well said Terry!

I can handle any problem at sea or in port but I can not handle GOING HOME! One year we sailed Costa Atlantica and the day we docked in Florida, they were sailing for Italy and we came THAT CLOSE to staying on and heading out. My husband knows that one day I will refuse to return to Wisconsin. That is why he has promised that we will move to Florida ASAP. Anyone want to but a law firm in Wisconsin? LOL Anyway, that is why, when everyone else runs off the ship to make their plane, we take our time getting off and stay in Fl. for a few more days. I HATE WINTER!