• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

3/17/07 Radiance of the Seas

Rate this topic

wraithe

Hi folks,

My wife and I are sailing Radiance for the first time March 17, 2007. We've never sailed out of Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades before either. Looking very forward to it. We've sailed Grandeur of the Seas twice from Baltimore and are booked again this next October (5,2007). We've also sailed Mariner once and enjoyed that ship very much. We're going to fly down on the 16th to Sanford (Orlando's other airport) non-stop from Youngstown, OH, rent a car and drive the rest of the way to Homestead, where we'll stay the night on the Air Reserve Base. We plan to board around 10:00 or 11:00, we like to get there early so we can explore. If anyone else is going, would love to chat. Thanks for looking.

Later cruisers,

Herb

I answered this post the other day, ut my reply never appeared so I don't know what I did!!! Herb, welcome again, to the forum. Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's day cruise and drink one of those froofy green drinks for me. You said you plan to board around 10:00 - 11:00. RCCL must have different boarding times - we have only sailed Carnival and the earliest we have ever been allowed to start boarding is 12:30. I am not aware of anyone on this forum who will be on your sailing, but I am sure they will let you know, if there is anyone. In just a few days, you will be able to say your cruise is "next month"....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Herb,

Well, we're not sailing with you (darn) but wanted to let you know the Radiance is our favorite ship. We sailed her Oct. 27, 2006, Nov.25-Dec.9 (back to back) and again Jan. 14, 2007. It's unusual for us to cruise that many weeks, but, oh well!

I don't think you can board the ship till at least 11 am. We've completed 28 cruises with RCL and have never been able to board sooner than that.

We live in PA. so we always fly down the day before and love staying in FLL. Our son is a wiz at getting us a great hotel on pirceline.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Mimi