• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

This ever happen on your cruise??

Rate this topic

agentjoey

Oh, that is awful. No, I have never experienced that, but on our cruise last year to the Med, someone got really sick and they had to stop the ship, a launch came and took the person off to some islands to our right, I don't know what they were.

I suspect that a lot of people fall off ships due to alcohol abuse. If there is anything that the cruise industry is lacking in, it's controlling the binge drinking that goes on. There was recently a case where a young man got sick and was retching so violently at the rail, that he actually threw himself over the rail by accident. Some have been seen climbing on the rails and just slipping off. There is a portion of them that commit suicide. I'm sure that some are as a result of foul play, but I'm not sure that it's a very large percentage.

I agree that it is hard to "fall off" especially on the Conquest with very high railing. Some do have the intention of not coming back and others yes do act in a less responsible manner and fall from their actions. I hate that it happened and feel badly for those sailing with the fatalities when it does happen.

No and I'm happy for that. My parents were on the Mariner when the young man apparently "fell off". They said it was very sad and yes, alcohol was to blame but not from the cruise line from what the kid brough with him on the ship. Guess that's why they are cracking down on carrying your own on.

No Thank Goodness but My Heart goes out for those that either want to end their Life or by other means,If its going to happen then it will unfortunately! :ohmy: Ive seen more deaths in Vietnam than I have in my whole Life its not pleasant but you have to comfort others if your in the position to do so and not to critizie or ridicule thats in Gods Hands! :wink2: May he look after all of us in everyday life and on our cruisies and our Families as well! God bless all of the Family here as well My Friends! :wink2: