• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Crown Princess Dolphin Deck D727

Rate this topic

crissyp

Hi...For you Princess Cruisers...Has anyone ever stayed in this vicinity before on the Crown? We have a mini suite and an inside cabin across the hall and down a few ( my 17 yr old son and his friend are staying in that one)... Any secrets or tips about navagating our way around.. I remember when we went on the Disney Wonder, we were on Deck 7 and that was a "secret deck" I learned about from the Disney boards, and it was wonderful....No one really knew it was there...hehehe. My daughter and her friends are on the same deck but all the way foward also in an inside cabin. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Crissy

Hi Crissy,

We just got off of the Star Princess and they have the same set up. My parents were in a mini suite cat AA...the rooms are gorgeous...the only thing she didn't like was that the people on the decks above you could see onto your balcony...no big deal.

She loved the location, as it was very convenient to everything, although she likes to be up higher on the ship.

When is your cruise? We are sailing on the Crown, doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in April of 08.

D

To be honest, when we cruised on the Crown, we didn't find anything at all very difficult about getting around on the ship. There are quite a few "secrets" about different cruise ships, but I haven't seen any, as yet, about the Crown and we didn't find any. In the Piazza, there are frequent "street performers" doing their act. When we were on the ship, there was a group that sang a capella, a balencing and juggling act, and a stilt walking act. This is scheduled, but frequently we just came upon it unexpectedly.

PrincessOne...we're leaving from NY on 7/05. I only cruised once before on Disney...so this open deck thing is new to me. I'm sure I'll love it..I do like the sun, so that won't bother me, and when sipping my morning coffee on my balcony, I guess I'll have to look decent enough to wave to all my neighbors!

Howard...I've heard mixed reviews on navigating this ship...we're traveling with a couple of families so I hope it won't be to hard to find everyone...and if "don't" want to be found that sounds like it could be easy too!

Like Howard having sailed this ship, it was pretty easy to navigate. Only thing I can think about are the dead end staircases by the Dining Room and Having to use the middle set of elevators for the midship dining room.

Those balconies are nice on Dolphin if you like sun. We had a Caribe deck balcony (one level up) 1/2 sun 1/2 shade perfect for both my and DH who hates the sun.