• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cabin Disasters

Rate this topic

jaschem1

We've never had anything disappear from the cabin, either. We keep all valuables, including passports, in the safe. Photos and paperwork for my scrapbooking go into a drawer so that they are not mistaken for trash. Our suitcases are in the closet, but hold nothing but the laundry bags.

One time, though, we nearly averted a big loss, but it would have been entirely our fault. Thanks to our last minute checking of all drawers, we found our dozen or so used rolls of film moments before leaving. We had not realized that they had not been packed.

I exchanged a couple dollars for some peso's while in mexico. I left the peso's on the counter in the cabin and the room steward took them. I did not make any effort to get them back. I figured he thought I was leaving them for a tip. I should have known better. But heck it was 2 dollars...I am going back in 10 weeks to find my peso's...lol.

hmm sounds unfortunate some of you had your stuff stolen, i dont think I ever had anything stolen but now if we're talking about lost items, darn have I lost alot of stuff, jackets, shoes, flashlights, toolkits, compasses, binoculars(dollar store kind), tweezers, identification(found it floating in the swiming pool), etc... I suffer from short term memory loss so I may have assumed I have just lost something and perhaps it was stolen, ah but they're not that expensive and having a great time on the cruise was the important part(not at all costs mind you)...