• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Cancelled???

Rate this topic

penny908

Thanks guys it really helps to hear from all of you. As of today I have not heard from the Travel Agent We told the travel agent that we could not go another time and that we wanted to be put on the other NCL line that is leaving the same day but going out for an additional night. That we would take nothing less and at no extra costs. Personally I dont even want to go anymore on NCL, but the other families we booked with still want to go. So we shall see if Norwegian does the right thing.

Honestly it is Norwegian's fault, Rosie called and probably said I want the cruise for that week, they had the option of saying no. Of course the rich and powerful always beat out the little guys. However, they still had the option of saying no.

I am waiting one more night before going all over the place with my story, I unlike the rich and famous I still believe in kindness and fairness.

Will let you all know

Thanks again guys for all the support :biggrin:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all wanted to update you on what we are doing. NCL has agreed to put us on the Norwegian Spirit the other boat going out on the same day. They are upgrading us by deck. Still not the happiest cruiser but I will give them credit where credit is due. They did do the right thing in the long run. So now we are going for 8 days instead of 7 for the same price.

I am a firm believer in what is supposed to be is supposed to be. So perhaps we were never meant to cruise on the newer boat and go to the Bahamas and Bermuda.

Has anyone out there ever cruised on the Norwegian Spirit? If so and I am sure there are many, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my email. It really helps to know there are people out there that are just like me, not the rich and the powerful!

Happy cruising to all!

Norwegian Dawn wasn't sold out yet, and had plenty of vacancies. Rosie comes along and says I'll buy out the ship. NCL says, of course, you've got a deal. Unfortunately for those already booked. But as others have said, it happens on every cruiseline. The money talks.

Norwegian Spirit was built and entered service as Superstar Leo for the Star Lines, the parent of NCL, targeting the Asian market. Two years ago they decided to move it to NCL which is rapidly expanding. It was not built expressly for Freestyle, like the Dawn and her newer sisters, but is a very nice ship.

I've been on three NCL ships so far and had a wonderful time each time. I really like Freestyle dining, and the general style of Freestyle. I like not having to vacate my room by breakfast on the last day and being able to wait in the room till they call us to leave. Dining in any restaurant between 5:30pm and midnight. As long as I make reservations for the specialty restaurants the day I board, I get the reservations I want. We actually prefer to eat in the main dining room most nights.

The people that have problems don't make reservations the first day or are part of a large party. I don't know of any other cruiseline that tries to seat 15 or 20 people together, like NCL does. The service isn't great when they do. Have you ever tried serving a group that big and getting 20 different orders all served promptly and at teh same time?

As long as you go aboard NCL aware that it is Freestyle, and different from the traditional style of other lines, you'll do fine. I have plenty of customers who specifically ask for NCL and enjoy it.

Thank you so much. All of you are so great. I am starting to get excited again. So just to clarify, if we want to eat in one of the speciality restaurants we should do that when we board on the first day, but if we want to eat in the main dining room we are good to just show up. I understand between certain hours I would think 6-8 that it is crowded. I have only been on one cruise before and it was not freestyle. The freestyle attracted us since we are traveling with teenagers. If anyone knows teenagers they go at their own pace! Our new adventure will be going to New York, New York; Kings Wharf, Bermuda; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; New York, New York, anyone have any suggestions of good things to do in these ports?

Once again thanks for all your help! We will have a better time on the Spirit because you cant hold the little guy back!!! Rosie and crew can have the Dawn we now have the Spirit! :biggrin:

Penny,

It doesn't matter what day you want to eat in the specialty restaurant, as long as you make the reservation for it the first day. Reservations get filled up quickly for anything between 5:45 and 9:30pm for the whole cruise. Spirit's specialty restaurants inclue Lat Trattoria (no surcharge), Le Bistro ($15pp), Shogun ($12.50pp), Teppanyaki Room (a la carter pricing), Cagney's Steakhouse ($20pp), all you can eat sushi in Shogun ($10pp). There is no charge, of course in the two main dining rooms, the buffet, or Blue Lagoon.