• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Cancelled???

Rate this topic

penny908

Thank you so much for the information. As I have never freestyled before and only have a short cruise under the belt this is all so helpful. If we wanted to eat in the main dining rooms and not the speciality ones do we have to make reservations for that? Can you tell me out of the speciality ones what one you liked?

I kinda wish my cruise was sooner I am getting so excited once again, all thanks to all the support I received from this forum!!! :biggrin:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did not have much faith in NCL especially after I spoke to a representative and all she kept telling me was it was business. I tried to explain that I work in a business and our customers come first and keep us in business. But in the long run they did the right thing. I feel bad for the others that were displaced like us. I kinda feel like alot of the others probably took the $100.00 credit and just said ok. I feel like we did not back down and we forced NCL to do the right thing. Just goes to show you that corporations will try to do the least possible unless their backs are against the wall.

Once again heres to the little guy and to all the "Spirit" we have!!!! :rolleyes2:

You don't have to make reservations at the main restaurants. You are right, they are busier from 6-8pm, but they are open from 5:30 to midnight. La Trattoria, with no cover charge, gets great reviews, and I've enjoyed Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro. I've eaten in LeBistro on 3 different NCL ships and enjoyed it. They try to do fine dining with a "flair".

Jacketwatch,

Sure this was wrong, it can happen on any cruise line. Why do people have to bad mouth NCL, I'm cruising with NCL in May for the first time. I see spotty reviews for all cruise lines. I think your MEAN to say Rosie or anyone to have some bad experiences on NCL or any cruiseline. I see why I go on this CruiseCrazies Forum very FEW and FAR between. Also, I not a big fan of Rosie. she has a big mouth. I been on RCCL VOS, and hated it!! this doesn't mean I wouldn't try another RCCL ship.

:wub: Of course this is very wrong. I am sorry this happened to you. However honestly its a blessing in disguise. The reviews I see about NCL are spotty and people whom I have spoken to about their past NCL cruises, i.e. former passengers, will stay FORMER! I do hope you get a full refund and use ot for another cruise. I also hope Rosies has some bad experiences on NCL and blabs it all over like she is so capable of. :biggrin: BTW there was something I read not too long ago about a small family group being bumped by MSC cruises to accomodate a larger business group and MSC's reply was equally apathetic. Again, sorry to hear of your experiences. Larry

Jacketwatch,

Sure this was wrong, it can happen on any cruise line. Why do people have to bad mouth NCL, I'm cruising with NCL in May for the first time. I see spotty reviews for all cruise lines. I think your MEAN to say Rosie or anyone to have some bad experiences on NCL or any cruiseline. I see why I go on this CruiseCrazies Forum very FEW and FAR between. Also, I not a big fan of Rosie. she has a big mouth. I been on RCCL VOS, and hated it!! this doesn't mean I wouldn't try another RCCL ship.

I am sure you will have a great time. I have heard mixed reviews about every cruise line. I think that NCL was highlighted here because they were the ones that said yes to Rosie, it was up to them to say no we have already sold to the public. I also think that any vacation is what you make of it. We are going with 4 other families and I for one intend to make it a great vacation! Since we dont vacation often, I am moving forward and looking forward to our trip!

I hope you have a great sailing in May, what ship are you sailing on?

The rich and famous will always be the rich and famous as for Rosie, apparently what she wants she gets. Like I said before she can have the Dawn, I have the Spirit and will have a great time on that :laugh:

:cool2: Guil: I hope we can exchange views w/o getting personal. The key here is disagreeing w/o becoming disagreeable. One who holds an opinion different from yours isn't necessarily beind MEAN which is shouting BTW in cyberland. I also don't intend to defend my opinion. Have fun on NCL. Larry :biggrin:

Yes I agree, everyone is not going to have the same opinion. Some like things that other dont. I could have a great time and someone else might not. The thing we cant lose sight of is we are all here to help each other.

I feel great that we did not back down to NCL, I feel like we won one for the little guy.

I will definatley keep posting, and will let everyone know how my cruise was. Still months away but atleast its months away and not forever gone!

Happy Cruising!

So here is an update. Today in the New York Daily News there was an article about a displaced couple who had booked on the same ship as I did. They had 8 cabins reserved and some of the guests were flying into new york. The problem I had with the article was that it bashed Rosie, hey all Rosie did was call and ask, the blame should be put on Norwegian. Shame on them for disrupting so many peoples plans. I wrote to the editor to tell them my story and the solution that we came to, perhaps it could help this couple.

I was also booked on the dawn for the july 7 cruise. I can't believe that all they offered was the $100 per cabin. We had 40 people in our group and for the most part they wouldn't budge on their offer. I tried to book this cruise for the 40 people in early november and there wasn't any cabins available. All of a sudden around thanksgiving cabins were available. I believe that they were in negotiations with Rosie in early November and had problems closing the deal at that time. When they decided to open the cruise to new reservations around thanksgiving I believe that they were still in negotiations with Rosie and that even though they were taking reservations they really had no intention of honoring them (sounds like fraud to me). I tried to add another cabin to my group in the beginning of January and they weren't taking reservations again. At that time they said it was chartered and I would have to move my group. Amazing that it took 5 weeks to notify everyone else that they weren't going on the july 7 dawn cruise. Right now I am booked on the carnival miracle leaving july 6. Didn't want to give norwegian any business after how they treated everyone. I am also checking with the NY attorney general and the consumer affairs dept. Hopefully with all the bad press and some pressure from the attorney general Norwegian will make good on this.