• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Cancelled???

Rate this topic

penny908

:cool2: I hope so. Something similar happened not too laong ago with MSC cruises. A family group who had planned this cruise for a while, sort of a family reunion cruise, was bumped to make way for a large business group. The "bumpee" pursued this matter and it make some pretty big news. I think MSC was forced to pony up substantial compensation. I hope you get that too. This matter just :angry: me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so hoping that someone else from this cruise would reach out to me. Like I have said in my above forums I have such a bad taste in my mouth for Norwegian, but my party still wanted to go on a cruise and we could not find anything for the same price we were getting. I cant believe that you have known this for this long as we just found out a week ago. It is just amazing on how disgusting this has all turned out. When i asked Norwegian about bad publicity their reply was we dont have any yet, like I told the women on the phone, yet is the operative word. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful trip on Carnival, where is it leaving from? As it is right now we are booked on the Norwegian Spirit leaving the 7th and arriving back one day later. We still have time to pull back our deposit so anything can happen. Please keep in touch and let me know if you find anything else out.

Thanks for replying :rolleyes2:

:cool2: I'm not sorry we see things differently Guil. That is life and is to be expected. Also you should not let one opinion upset you so much. I happen to like Princess and enjoy their services despite reading what detractors say. However to resort to name calling and personal attacks is what I disagree with and for that I would hope you are the one sorry. Such behavior is not the norm for this forum. Also I was not referring the the cyberland acronym. I meant that CAPS is SHOUTING. Got it? JM2C. Larry.

Larry,

I'm not upset at anyone, you don't have to tell me that's life and that what is expected. Are you my teacher, or someone older than I. :ohmy: Name calling and personal attack, :ohmy: what did you say about Rosie and NCL. To me that was a personal attack on Rosie, not so much NCL. Such behavior on the forum is not norm, :ohmy: you must be a teacher, slap my hand teacher Larry. Got it!!! I know what CAPS means.

I was also booked on the dawn for the july 7 cruise. I can't believe that all they offered was the $100 per cabin. We had 40 people in our group and for the most part they wouldn't budge on their offer. I tried to book this cruise for the 40 people in early november and there wasn't any cabins available. All of a sudden around thanksgiving cabins were available. I believe that they were in negotiations with Rosie in early November and had problems closing the deal at that time. When they decided to open the cruise to new reservations around thanksgiving I believe that they were still in negotiations with Rosie and that even though they were taking reservations they really had no intention of honoring them (sounds like fraud to me). I tried to add another cabin to my group in the beginning of January and they weren't taking reservations again. At that time they said it was chartered and I would have to move my group. Amazing that it took 5 weeks to notify everyone else that they weren't going on the july 7 dawn cruise. Right now I am booked on the carnival miracle leaving july 6. Didn't want to give norwegian any business after how they treated everyone. I am also checking with the NY attorney general and the consumer affairs dept. Hopefully with all the bad press and some pressure from the attorney general Norwegian will make good on this.

I was so hoping that someone else from this cruise would reach out to me. Like I have said in my above forums I have such a bad taste in my mouth for Norwegian, but my party still wanted to go on a cruise and we could not find anything for the same price we were getting. I cant believe that you have known this for this long as we just found out a week ago. It is just amazing on how disgusting this has all turned out. When i asked Norwegian about bad publicity their reply was we dont have any yet, like I told the women on the phone, yet is the operative word. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful trip on Carnival, where is it leaving from? As it is right now we are booked on the Norwegian Spirit leaving the 7th and arriving back one day later. We still have time to pull back our deposit so anything can happen. Please keep in touch and let me know if you find anything else out.

Thanks for replying :rolleyes2:

I will be finalizing my reservations tomorrow on the carnival miracle. The prices were comparable to the Dawn if not a little cheaper considering this is a 8 day cruise. This cruise leaves from NY on Friday July 6. From what I have been told the spirit is not a bad ship just not as nice as the dawn or the miracle. And after what norwegian just pulled I am not inclined to give them anymore business. I do have a group togther and you are welcome to join it. There are some nice perks when your part of a group. If interested let me know and I can give you the details. Also I am waiting on the attorney generals office to see if there is anything they can do about the dawn issue. They took my information and are looking into it. Most likely they can't do anything but it is worth a try.

Tch Tch Tch .... I thought I left this childish behaviour at work...guess not.

Most people are opinionated to some extent and to push this opinion on others creates hate and dicontent. I've had bad experiences, I have had really good experiences. I've been shafted by corporate both in employement as well as customer relations. Neither leaves a good taste in your mouth. I've also had some really good life experiences and have met some really good people on cruises...in most part a lot nicer than the customers I put with for the other 50 weeks a year.

I'm also a site admistrator on another forum and if this had gone this far on the other place it would have been locked down or removed.

Now I'm gona shout.

LETS ALL HOLD HANDS AND BE FRIENDS