• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Cancelled???

Rate this topic

penny908

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cool2: Peddler: what forum do you administer for? Just curoius.

Guil: The first post from you I ahve seen here noted how yiou seldom come here because you find it neg. in some way. Well I think if you posted pos. things and got involved in the discussions you will find just the opposite really. This is a friendly place. You may want to give it a fresh start. In any case back to the boats. :biggrin: .

Guil, I'm so very sorry that you feel you feel the way that you do. Perhaps if you post here on a regular basis, you will see that we have fantastic members here that are so supportive , friendly and welcome all with open arms, a rare thing to find on any website . We'd love to see you post more often and get to know us better.

I'm a site administrator on a amatuer radio forum

Peddler, I'm sorry you feel that this thread should have been locked down or removed. If I locked down or removed every thread in which members disagree with each other, we would have a lot of angry members .It would be very unfair to those posting the topics. I try very hard not to lock down or remove any members' post unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, as you well know, being an administrator on an amateur radio forum, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. Yes, sometimes, members get riled up over something or maybe even someone is having a bad day but it would have been unfair to penny, who started this thread , to lock it down or remove it. We have so many great members here , for example cruisetarp, jacketwatch and penny, who try to step in and defuse the situation very nicely. In fact, often, that works better than a moderator and creates fewer hard feelings when the members themselves resolve the situation. That's the way I operate and it has worked beautifully , earning CruiseCrazies the reputation as the " friendliest forum of the 'net. "

I was hoping not to even have to interfere with this thread but I felt that it would be wrong for me not to respond to Peddler's post above.

In fact, I hope that since penny has gotten such great support and such helpful information, that this thread can continue in that vein. If there are any hard feelings whatsoever, I hope we can get beyond that and continue to respond to penny's questions and concerns and put any negativity behind us.

Thank you all for your cooperation with this. Sincerely,

:cool2: I agree w/ Cheryl. Tolerances for radio vs. a web are different and expectations are as well. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Again no disrespect intended, just looking at it from a different POV. Peace, Larry :cool2:

GottaCruz,

That was very eloquently put.

It is sometimes difficult to say anything when two very nice people decide to have a public disagreement that starts to escalate.

penny908,

It's very rare that things get like this on this forum.

Did we address all of your concerns?

Teacher,

Thank you for the lesson, got alittle out of control misunderstood. :sad2: I never cruised on NCL I'm just worried about this cruise, heard alot of cons, not so much pros. As you can see this isn't my first cruise.

Again, sorry to everyone for being so :angry: Jack, your not the Dawson who's a EMT? are ya.

Let's be friends and start over :biggrin:

:cool2: Very nice Guil. :biggrin: The Jack Dawson I was referring to is the character from one of my favorite movies of all time, "Titanic". This was the part played by Leo DiCapprio. Thanks for being a good sport too. I do hope all goes well on your cruise but like Penny make the most of it. I'm sure you will be fine. Afterall it ain't work. Its a big cruise ship! :biggrin: BTW sometimes in cyberland things can get misunderstood due to lack of personal contact, not being able to see a persons face or listen to their tone of voice and so on. I think that happened here. I must say too you are to be commended for your last comments. Outstanding!! Larry

Also on another note I participate alot on another forum, this one for wristwatch afficianados which is one of the things I collect and have a passion for. There is one big constant with these two different forums. That is the moderator(s) step in only when they really have to. For the most part there are few disputes and 99% of those are resolved among the members. Actually this seems to work very well. Overmoderation can hamper the flow of any forum and that is what is so nice here, that is there is such a good flow.