• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Cancelled???

Rate this topic

penny908

Call the cruise line and see what their policy is. However I really doubt if they will let you bring anything onboard w/o at the very least charging a corkage fee. FYI Princesss has significantly tightened their policy about ETOH purchasing for in cabin use. In 2005 I bought a full litre of Absolut vodka for in cabin use for only $20.00. Last summer on the Tahitian Princess the only option was to buy 375 cc of a liquor of your choice and it came with a six pack of soda pop and the cost was around $15.00 IIRC. For example you could get rum or bourbon with cola, or gin with tonic, etc.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Norwegian (NCL) they xray the checked bags and will find bags with liquor. They don't deliver the bag to the stateroom but summon the guest to the library to open the bag. They confiscate it and give the "offender" a receipt, and on the debarkation morning it will be available for return to the guest. Sorry. (I know from personnal experience!!) :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

My 10 friends and I and my husband were booked for the 5/5/07 Dawn cruise since early last summer, and we got a call from the TA about a month or two later that we were bumped from some "large company" that bought out the entire ship! I had heard that Rosie did this before, but since she's doing the July 7 cruise I guess it isn't her. Anyway, NCL offered us the $100 onboard credit, and we did rebook for the following week (which is a miracle considering there were six couples who had to arrange time off from work, child care at home, etc.). My TA said she had never heard of this happening before.