• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ship pools and toys

Rate this topic

txSherry

So, our first trip is in July 07 and I'm working my way through all 292 pages of this forum! But I have a question I haven't seen yet. (I'm only on page 28 though!) We'll be driving to port so we won't have any airline restriction problems. And we will have our 7 year old daughter with us so we'll be looking to the pool a lot.

Are the pools salt-water? If so, what's your experience with this? Is it more enjoyable because of the lack of chlorine or do you worry about not having the germ killer there?

What about pool toys, do you bring your own? CAN you bring your own? I'm thinking about buying and bringing a water lounger of some sort.

Thanks!

I have never seen any kind of lounger or raft in the pools - they really aren't that big. I bet if you called Carnival, they would answer that question for you. We will be sailing on the Conquest in Nov....looking forward to the water slide.

Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of cruising. I have never sailed on Carnival so I can't speak for the pool water other than to tell you most of the ships have sea water in their pools. I believe Princess is the only one who uses fresh water (but I may be wrong ) I do know all of the pools are extremely small and there would be no room for any floats, etc.

Hi...I just got back from the Carnival Destiny and can tell you that their pools were both small and filled with salt water. Our cruise director, Steve (funny guy by the way and very helpful) told us that they empty and refill the pools often (I think daily) with fresh, salt water. There is definitely not enough space for any toys. Just yourself and splashing around.

I think you have your answers. Yes, Carnival pools are salt water and you've heard about the size of the pools. I think if you floated around on a lounger you would upset many of your fellow passengers for your using more than your share of the pool.

Like the other posters, in all of our cruises, I've never seen any pool toys in use.

Good idea, but probably not workable. :sad2: