• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Favorite Carnival Cruise

Rate this topic

We are looking into another cruise for next year and have thought about staying with Carnival. We were curious if anyone had any suggestions. If you have a cruise that you have been on that you would just love to do again we would love to know. We like adventure and staying busy with snorkeling, boat trips, and parasailing. We do not necessarily need to go somewhere to sight see, especially on a bus trip. What would you suggest?

All of our cruises have been on Carnival - can't really pick a favorite one as they have all been great. We really like snorkeling, and have been on numerous cruises that go to Grand Cayman. As much as I enjoy snorkeling, I ALWAYS get sick, guess a combination of sucking down too much salt water and the motion of the ocean. Beach snorkeling is best for us because I can get out and lay on solid ground if I start feeling yucky. In Grand Cayman, there is a great place to do this just about 2 or 3 blocks from the pier. Our next cruise also has Grand Cayman as a port of call....

We had a carnival cruise to Mexico two years ago, plenty of fun. You have to depart from Long Beach California though, so while you are there if you have any kids or a kid at heart I suggest you stay stop by Disneyland and California adventure. Sure it's expensive and will take a while to save, but think of it this way you don't need to fly back again later if you want to go to Disneyland. Saves you a plane's cost round trip in the long run eh? I suggest a week at California, if you are interested send me a message and I'll give you the details on where we stayed(good price we got mind you and had free continental breakfast). Best to throw me a pm, I don't go on the forums as much as I used to. Guess I'm getting too old for these fandangled computer gizmos. Heck I almost forgot where my power button was after not using the computer for two days.

All of our cruises, except one, have been on Carnival. We've loved every single one. We've done the Fascination over and over again. We've done the IMagination several times. Any time we can get away, we don't care which ship it is , we go. We would go on any Carnival ship over and over.

I have only been on 2 cruises but I'd got back on Freedom of the Seas (RCI) or to the Caribbean anytme. I really enjoy Cozumel and I LOVE Grand Caymen. I think Sting Ray City was my all time favorite excusion. We did a snorkel / SRC combo. Also the stop at Labadee was fun for riding Waverunners and hanging on the beach as it was a private island.

alt text

FriendshipTeacher,

I really enjoyed sailing the southern Caribbean on the Carnival Destiny, my first cruise. The itinerary has changed slightly but it's still a nice one. The Destiny sailed out of Puerto Rico to St. Thomas, Martinque Barbados, Aruba and then back to Puerto Rico.

I believe Martinque was replaced with Dominica.

The Destiny is also a very beautiful ship.