• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advice on the Victory??

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I just found this forum and it looks excellent. Active with good people.

This week, some friends and I are booking our second ever cruise. This time it's a 5 day out of New York to Canada (St. John and Halifax) in July on the Victory.

I'm looking at a Balcony cabin on Empress Deck midships. Anybody have a reason to agree or disagree strongly? I picked Empress because there are cabins above and below it.

Any other general advice on this ship or this itinerary?

Thanks in advance.

JG

John - We have never been on Carnival but have been to both Halifax & St. John - both beautiful ports. Halifax is deep in Titanic history and a visit to the Titanic Museum is a great way to spend some time. A trip to the Cemetary where a lot of victims were buried was quite inspiring and informative. Also a trip to Peggy's Cove is a terrific way to spend the day. Doing both might not be possible depending on how long you will be docked there.

In St. John if you are very very adventurous the boat ride on the Reversing Rapids is great. DH loved it, I backed out when I saw how the folks were being thrown around. If you don't take the boat ride a trip to view the Rapids is great anyway.

Please be sure to enter your cruise on our calendar so we can wish you Bon Voyage when the time comes.

Hi John, and welcome to CruiseCrazies.

We took the same cruise last year. My review is located here: http://www.cruisecrazies.com/forums/index....DE=03&id=67

I'm happy to answer any questions. As you can see from the first paragraph, we have cruised to these ports several times.