• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

have you heard about royal caribbean

Rate this topic

frostyboy64

I was told by my travel company the royal caribbean is no longer

taking payments on cruises.

I have been making payments on them for 7 years

off and on you put a down payment down and pay on it every 2 month

before the cruise?

Now you need to pay it all at booking?

Is there any other cruise lines that let you make payments?

or do you now how to get around this?

It is hard to come up with $3000 at one time

but $500 down and $300 to $500 every other month i can do.

Any idea's?

I spoke to my agent at Carnival yesterday, and that came up during our conversation - the option of making monthly payments right on line. I have never done it but he said it was pretty easy to do.

Good Morning:

About the only time I can think of that the cruise lines will require full payment is if you booked your cruise within 60-70 days or so prior to departure.

I looked on the Royal Caribbean website for answers (FAQ's) and found the following:

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

It may be that your travel company does not want the accounting headaches that can occur with frequent payments.

Terry

I do my own bookings and pay The $500.00 for two people down and then I have it paid off before the deadline, it works out Good for us! I have always done my own Bookings and Hotel reservations directly with the Hotel where Im Staying at! That way I only have the Hotel there to deal with if theres a problem! This is New to me about RCCL,but we are going Carnival since Rhapsody Quit Sailing to the Western Caribbean for the Months of Sept, Oct, and Nov 2007 and for the future that I can find! I have a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner with Carnival and its free!) :wink2: I do my own checking for Free upgrades or price changes myself and have gotten a Hundred Dollar Reduction PP! :wink2: and a Bigger Balcony as well! :wink2: Just my personal preference others do it different! :wink2: