• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

can you bring alcohol on board carnival?

Rate this topic

I have heard that you are allowed to bring wine or champagne aboard Carnival ships for personal consumption and if you use it in the dining room there is a corkage fee. I really don't know that information first hand. You'd better check with the cruise line.

I do know that one is not allowed to bring hard liquor aboard for personal consumption. If you do bring it, it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Here is Carnival's policy....not only alcohol but also other beverages. From their website.

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Here is Carnival's policy....not only alcohol but also other beverages. From their website.

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Then why on the Carnival Spirit are you allowed to buy from the onboard duty free store & take to your room, Johnny Walker Blue (approx.$135/L)??? As this was the case on my 2/27/07 trip.

I'm sure you need to foward this question to Carnival as I only posted their online policy.

Mebert,

We also took sodas and water on board but this was on RCCL and not Carnival. We are going to try on Carnival next month.