• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

FINALLY!!

Rate this topic

As you can see from my signature, it has been way too long since we've been on a cruise. But with my dad's passing, and my mom moving in with us, we have not been in a position to go on a cruise and leave my mom home by herself. BUT...our son graduates high school in May, and will be living at home while he goes to college part-time and working, so he can be home everyday to check on my mom, take her where she needs to go, etc.

We can't cruise this year because our vacations are already planned. So we have decided on January, sailing on the Carnival Glory.

In looking at the prices, we can save $100.00 per person by booking a balcony guarantee, instead of picking out a specific cabin. I know a lot of people book guarantees so I'm wondering if this is the way to go. It would save us $200.00 total, $200.00 that we can spend in other ways on our trip.

My question is if you could save this kind of money by booking a balcony guarantee, would you do it?

Thanks for your help!!

Dawn

Dawn, it must feel great to know you will soon be on the high seas again. I do always pay the extra $200 ($100 per person) to pick my cabin because I have to be mid-ship. I feel too much sway at the front and rear, but it doesn't bother some people. Enjoy the anticipation...

When we cruised on the Carnival Destiny, we did not pay the extra money to have a cabin assigned. We just went with whatever we got. This ended up working out well. We paid for an 8A and ended up with a 9A. We were at the back of the boat and our room seemed larger than others. More wide and less long and narrow. We loved it. In fact, we would try to get that room again. Enjoy your cruise.

Boatride Lover,

Congratulations on your booking.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but pleased to hear about your sounds upcoming graduation and that he will be helpful in assisting your mom while you're on a cruise.

I have never booked a balcony guaranteed but I have booked oceanview guaranteed. I usually book the porthole and end up with a regular full oceanview stateroom. On one occasion I was moved up a few decks for no additional fees.

You will have a balcony no matter what.

Dawn - you definately deserve a Holiday! Enjoy!

Word of caution - we were above the teen disco on the Conquest and

the noise was miserable. Not sure if you can change once they assign you a room but if you can - check the deck plans to see what's above and below you.