• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

EARLY DISEMBARKMENT

Rate this topic

dmd

Has anyone ever carried their own luggage off the ship? We will be on the Mariner leaving on May 20th. Our flights are early evening flights, so we will probably be the last ones to get off the ship. we really wanted to get back to Orlando and maybe do universal studios. We are thinking renting a van, because there are 4 adults so we will have place for out luggage. So, with that said, like the queation above, will it take long to get off the ship if we do our own luggage thing, so we can be on one of the first buses to leave for Orlando.

Thanks

I can only address Carnival because that is the only line I have ever cruised on, but if you have an early flight, you can show proof at the purser's desk and receive tags for early disembarkation. Under those circumstances, you would be one of first groups off the ship. I would check with your cruise line regarding their procedure for early flights...

dmd,

Like Gregswife, I have mostly sailed on Carnival. I have noticed that there is an option for passengers who carry the own luggage to disembark very early. Those passengers have to be ready by 7:30 AM. But, that's Carnival. You should check with your cruiseline for their disembarkation policy.

Another consideration would be the port. If you have a lot of luggage some of the ports require the use of ramps, stairs or escalators. If you have a lot of luggage, it may not be convenient. If you pack light, then it should not be a problem.

If you have an early flight usually the cruiseline is aware of it and will give you the appropriate tags for you flight. If you have a late flight, you usually can expect a little wait.

I have been on some cruises where disembarkation was go to the gangway as soon as you were ready.

Good luck.

I did call RC and thew lady I talked to said they were staring something new, and that I was her "first customer" She told me of an early departure where you can have your luggage over night, and around 7:30 the next morning your luggage will be taken and it will go right to the airport to your airlines, and will be checked, so that way if you want to do a land excusion you don't have to worry about your luggage. One problem, the only airlines that are doing this right now are United and American Airlines. She did tell me that I could keep checking to see if the airlines we are using (Southwest) has been added. She also said that when you do your check in on-line there is a place for express departure. If your airlines does not partake in this you can still do an express departure taking your luggage with you. I hope this info helps others.