• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

do you ever order room service

Rate this topic

On our very first cruise, we ordered room service one night. There was a very limited menu, but keep in mind that was 12 yrs. ago. Sandwiches and fruit was about all that was on it. The bread on our sandwiches was extremely stale. That was the first and last time we ordered food from room service. Greg has gotten coffee from them though, so he can sit on the balcony and drink it, while waking up.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We order room service every morning. And yes its great to drink your first cup of coffee on the balcony. We generally get a pot of coffee and a couple Orange juices and my 2 glasses of V-8. Then we get an omelet and sausage and bacon. That way we don't have to fight the crowds in the Windjammer. And its also a nice way to wake up knowing you wll have coffee in a few minutes.

We have ordered a snack sometimes in the afternoon or late at night. Only once I think Laura ordered something and did not eat it.

When you do the 4 night cruises however the menu is limited in the morning to toast and muffins. I tried to get an omelet but the waiter explained it was not offered on the shorter cruises.

But I need that morning coffee and that view.

• 2 weeks later...

Wayne and I have never ordered room service. But, when DD has to be in the room at her curfew time, she often orders room service - usually a turkey sandwich- before going to sleep. It must be good because the plate is always completely empty by the time we get back to the room. I always tell her she can't order room service unless she has singles for tipping.

Hi frostyboy,

We only order room service on the last night of the cruise. Seems to be a tradition with us to do this. Normally only a sandwich or grilled cheese is ordered so you can't go wrong there. Never had a bad meal really in the main dining room-tasteless-yes but never bad.

Regards,

James.