• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cozumel catamaran snorkeling

Rate this topic

dmd

Can anyone shed some light on the Catamaran sail & snorkel in Cozumel. After the snorkel it says complimentary drinks (beer,margaritas) and music. Ok, is it one drink each and what is the "Fun" Music? Oldies/Rock/Country or all? Never been on one and am going on the Mariner May 20th 7 night. Any one with any insight on this, would be helpful to us. Thanks

We did a catamaran with Carnival here and it was pretty unspectacular. The dive spot was really crowed (there were seven other cats there) and the water was murky. The alcohol started flowing the moment we left the dock and there were some pretty intoixczted folks in the water. The best part of the entire trip was the 55 minute ride back to the docks and watching really drunk people trying to carry three or four beers to the upper deck as the cat bounced around.

The music was pretty current top 40's with some Mexican tunes thrown into the mix. No oldies or c/w that I remember.

We were told later that catamarand is short for party excursion - we just wanted to snorkel and felt that we were shorted in that department. Plus the crew seemed more concerend in getting you to buy stuff from the on board vendors than wathicng out for you.

As you can probably guess, we weren't impressed with this particular excursion. I have nothing against drinking, but drinking and diving don't mix.

Charlie

I had always heard that the Carnival was a "party" ship, but the excursions???? WOW that blows my mind. Like you, we want to snorkel (of course in clear waters) and then party afterwards. I can't believe (but I do beleive what you just wrote) that the excursions people could be so careless and letting people drink then dive. Thanks for the input on that. We are booking throught the RCL, and in our DOCS it says crystal clear waters. I am one that I don't mind paying extra, but I better receive what I pay for, nothing less!! Again Thanks a Bunch!!!