• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Encounters with Chair Hogs

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

Let's hear those stories of your encounters with chair hogs . I'm talking about those cruisers who rush to reserve their chairs, leave something on it and then disappear for hours and sometimes even get off the ship and don't end up even using it but preventing others from enjoying it. Don't be shy, everyone. You can even tell us what you said to them, just maybe clean it up a bit. :wink2:

I wish I would had have a chance to meet those chair hogs but after being seated on a straight chair and looking at those very comfortable lawn chairs for 2 and half hours we finally left. The pool patrol did not remove their T-Shirts and books and we did not want to do it. We asked a pool patrol to remove the items and they turned around and left and that was at the adults only pool.

The worst part is that we had lost our chairs by being away both of us at the same time for about 10 minutes. So now, we solved the problem by taking a balcony stateroom.

I am a very early riser who enjoys having my morning coffee by the pool. I also am not a sun worshipper and sitting by the pool is no treat for me so I am never looking to a lounge by the pool. I would sit at a small table every morning and exchange small talk with a very elderly gentlemen who would sit at the table next to me and chat about the trip and complain about the chair hogs. This poor man could barely walk - in fact a member of the crew would bring his coffee and pastry out to the table for him as he reguired a walker to get around.

After about 3 days of complaining, this sweet little old man got up and worked his way around the pool, removing everything left behind and depositing it in one big pile on just one lounge chair. I never laughed so hard. He did this for 3 mornings in a row til one "lady" (and I use that term very loosly) gave him H*&^ It was a good way to start the day with a laugh though.

Hi Cheryl,

On all the lines we have been on -Carnival(5) Princess,HAL, Costa, Celebrity and RCI I can honestly say we have never encountered a chair problem. Normally we are both on deck by 9 00a.m.Rarely are deck chairs "towelled" at that early hour. We remain at our chosen area for most of the day except at lunch time. After lunch we may have to look for another place but have found no problem locating two free chairs. When we BOTH leave we take our towels with us-as everyone should. I think the secret is to be on deck after breakfast by 9 a.m. You then have your pick of the chairs, facing/not facing the sun, shade or non shade, pool side or quiet side. Try it -it does work!

Regards,

James.

That's us too - we'll lie by the pool if there are a reasonable amount of chairs - we usually only lie out for about an hour anyway... don't want long exposure to the sun. But for the most part that's why we get a balcony..... sun and peace.... love it!!!

We do not worry too much about the lounge chairs. We get up early, hit the jacuzzis or aqua spas. Don't need lounge chairs for that. Then, with at least a day or two at sea, I sit on our balcony and read a good book for a couple hours a day. We lounge there and relax and an occasional snack.