• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Eyes Bigger Than Your Stomach

Rate this topic

jaschem1

Do you find yourself leaving food and feeling guilty? I am always starved when going to a meal. I take some of each course and find I cannot finish anything. I tell myself, I will take smaller portions next time, but I am just as hungry..... We could feed a small town of what I see wasted on plates on the ship. I will try harder next time to control my eyes over my stomach... :blush:

Hi once again jaschem 1,

Yes, it is so hard NOT to load one's plate. All the food looks oh so good doesn't it? However we somewhat "underindulge" now! By that I mean we take only small amounts onto our plates and if we like things then we may go back for more. It is such a shame to see plates piled high with food and then left to be thrown away.

Regards,

James.

I like to try a "little of everything" - but if you try it a don't like it there is no shame in leaving it. My eyes are usually bigger than my stomach though - especially where the desserts are concerned.

My DH is Scottish - so you know how much the food wasting bothers him lol.

I think everyone has loaded up their plates and then find they cannot finish it all. We are only human. I also take a small sampling of everything and go back and get my favourites on the 2nd go around. I do find that if I don't take any bread/rolls, --it makes more room in my tummy. I also find that once I start feeling full, I eat a leafy salad and for some strange reason-- I do not feel as full. My friend who is french says they do that all the time. Not sure what it is about eating a leafy salad that makes you feel not as bloated. :smile:

I usually take a little of everything, and if I am still hungry, go back for seconds. My DH does not like to waste anything, especially food, so he usually goes back for seconds and sometimes thirds :smile:

I was raising with the 'starving children in China' threat growing up and feel obligated to cleam my plate, no matter what. I have long since learned to be selective and conservative at buffets. Unless something is truly awful, I will finish it. My theory is, I can always go back and get more, I can't return the uneaten food.

Charlie