• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Argument

Rate this topic

jaschem1

Have you ever gotten into a verbal argument while cruising; either with staff or a passenger?

John has come close..... We ate with a man who absolutely knew it all and John really held it together as not to challenge him. It is hard sometimes. The man was an expert on everything and would not let anyone talk.

I can't imagine living with a man like that... :ohmy: After a while, it got entertaining just to hear how smart he thought he was.

Have you ever changed tables because of someone at your table?

Hi folks,

I haven't been on this board for a few months but occasionally "drop in". This is one of those times! Your subject is one which really bothers me. Not so much on cruises but everyday life.On one cruise I think we asked the maitr'd to move us when we were seated with one of these "know alls" It drives me mad when whatever you have done they have done something more. Or they argue just for arguing sake! Another time we were so fed up with one guy we decided to eat at the Lido buffet instead of the main dining room.Regards,

James

Again, as with the 'chair hog' post, I purposefully go on cruises to get away from this type of behavior. We have had some less than pleasent tablemates on our second cruise, but we were still too green to change tables. Now it's not a problem, but we've had lovely tablemates since. if someone was argumentive and unpleasent, I would move in a heartbeat. Neither of us enjoy confrontation and would go out of our way to avoid it.

Charlie

Never had a problem but I think we would "request" another table if we were seated with a "hot air buffoon".

We have had the "pleasure" at lunch and breakfast though - you know the type - "I've been on a gazillion cruises and the captain is our dear friend...." argh!!!!!!

Since I have only been on one cruise and we had anytime dining, all our tablemates were pleasant. But I have had the experience with a "know it all" on land when we go camping. It is such a turnoff to hear this know it all tell you stories of how they saved the planet, they know everyone that is important, they know how to build everything and start using all these technical terms, etc. Luckily for me, I can walk away to my trailer and get another drink, check on my kids, etc. But if this should happen to me on a cruise, I would definitely request to change tables as you paid alot of money to get away and have a good time.

We've told this story before--on our Victory New Years cruise a few years ago a group of teenager crowded into our elevator in which an elderly couple was trying to get off. I held the button and told them this elevator was not going anywhere until they all backed out and made room for them. We later saw the same group being followed by Carnival security.

Hello,

Sure has happened to me. Last cruise on the Carnival Legend, i am standing in line to get my wife a Rueben. Lady to my left, which is behind me n line keeps nudging me with her tray. Finally she tries to get around me and whams me in the side with her tray. I turn around and say EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She starts babbling on about that i didn't give her any room to get around. SAY WHAT ??????????????

She and her husband go to the other station to get a sandwich and she turns to her left to speak to her husband and i can read her lips clear as ever....what an a######.........i leave my tray and go to her and tell her right in front of her shriviling husband that it isn't nice to call people a###### and she was way too rude and that she was the one that was an a#######.......

That's my story !