• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Constellation Scandinavia & Russia July 19, 2008

Rate this topic

momwig

Happy Memorial Day, Kareen. hope you enjoyed your weekend.

I spoke with my friend, Janet, today and she is very interested in the cruise but looked at the single supplement of $4000 additional as too much extra..don't blame her. She is still looking for someone but has had no luck so far. She is open to talking with Marti to see if the two of them would click to make a match. So keep it in mind as time progresses and if Marti makes her decision to go on this cruise. BTW, what was Marti's first career and what kind of work is she pursuing at the present time? Janet was curious.

I see more activity on the roll call on the CC board. Great! I will wait to see what we are doing before posting on the other side...so for right now I am just lurking :smile:

Gail

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with my friend, Janet, today and she is very interested in the cruise but looked at the single supplement of $4000 additional as too much extra..don't blame her. She is still looking for someone but has had no luck so far. She is open to talking with Marti to see if the two of them would click to make a match. So keep it in mind as time progresses and if Marti makes her decision to go on this cruise. BTW, what was Marti's first career and what kind of work is she pursuing at the present time? Janet was curious.

I see more activity on the roll call on the CC board. Great! I will wait to see what we are doing before posting on the other side...so for right now I am just lurking :smile:

Gail

Gail

Gail

Marti and I both worked in Laboratories when we first graduated from college - in fact we at one time she and I both worked at the PA Public Health Laboratory - Marti left to work for Smith Kline Clinical labs which is now Quest Diagnostics (funny that is where my DH Bob works now). She got her MBA and worked up the corporate ladder -- for about 12 years she lived in the Boston area. When Smith Kline Clinical was bought out she saw it as a great opportunity to move on to something else. Her next job was in market research for Schick - first in its dental area (oral B) and then with razors. About two years ago she decided that she wanted to return to the Philadelphia area and so she "retired" from that position too. She moved back with no job and has begun working for several medical related companies preparing training materials and actually running workshops for medical personnel. So it looks like she and I have once again found ourselves in similar jobs - but now it's education related. Hope that answers your friend's question. I really hope that you decide to come on this cruise -- let us know when you finally make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kareen and Gail -- I just came upon this thread. Lou and I did this cruise in Aug 05. Our itinerary was a little different -- r/t out of Dover. Our common ports are: Stockholm, Sweden, Helsinki, Finland, St. Petersburg, Russia, Tallinn, Estonia, Copenhagen, Denmark, and Oslo, Norway. We used Red October in St. Petersburg. I'd be happy to send you the itinerary for our 2-day St. P visit. They will customize it to suit your interests. And, answer questions you may have. No fjords coming into Oslo. They are on the western coast. We leave on July 4 for a 12-day Norway/Arctic Circle/North Cape cruise on the Century out of Amsterdam. Will see the fjords on this one. Spending a few days in Amsterdam and Iceland pre and post cruise. Hope you are well -- Hi to Bob and Paul.

Diane

Diane

So good to hear from you -- Bob and I are really looking forward to this cruise and as you see Suanne and Harvey will be traveling with us as well as a few other couples. If you would I would definitely appreciate seeing your itinerary in St. Petersburg. We have contacted Red October but they said that it wass really to early to book - but we will continue to communicate with them. It appears that we will have a group of 10 - 12. Somewhere on our cruise itinerary I read that we do cruise thru one fjord. Your cruise sounds wonderful - something for us to consider another time. Please send our regards to Lou. Have a wonderful cruise and let us know all about it on your return.

Hi Kareen and Gail -- I just came upon this thread. Lou and I did this cruise in Aug 05. Our itinerary was a little different -- r/t out of Dover. Our common ports are: Stockholm, Sweden, Helsinki, Finland, St. Petersburg, Russia, Tallinn, Estonia, Copenhagen, Denmark, and Oslo, Norway. We used Red October in St. Petersburg. I'd be happy to send you the itinerary for our 2-day St. P visit. They will customize it to suit your interests. And, answer questions you may have. No fjords coming into Oslo. They are on the western coast. We leave on July 4 for a 12-day Norway/Arctic Circle/North Cape cruise on the Century out of Amsterdam. Will see the fjords on this one. Spending a few days in Amsterdam and Iceland pre and post cruise. Hope you are well -- Hi to Bob and Paul.

Diane

Diane

So good to hear from you -- Bob and I are really looking forward to this cruise and as you see Suanne and Harvey will be traveling with us as well as a few other couples. If you would I would definitely appreciate seeing your itinerary in St. Petersburg. We have contacted Red October but they said that it wass really to early to book - but we will continue to communicate with them. It appears that we will have a group of 10 - 12. Somewhere on our cruise itinerary I read that we do cruise thru one fjord. Your cruise sounds wonderful - something for us to consider another time. Please send our regards to Lou. Have a wonderful cruise and let us know all about it on your return.

I missed that Suanne and Harvey are going with you -- but, of course, I'm not surprised. You will love the Baltics. Most ports are very easy to do on your own. We did -- just do your homework so you know what you want to do while in port. I have your email so will send you the St. Pete's stuff that way. It is a Word document. Just remember these were 2005 prices. My sister and her husband joined us so we had a van with guide, driver and 4 of us.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...