• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bermuda

Rate this topic

Hi all

My parents are planning a Bermuda cruise for September and (because I had so much success on this forum) I thought I would ask you all for advice. They would love some names of cruises to Bermuda that you just loved. They are thinking Celebrity but open for suggestions. They are young still (46 and 48) so they need something fun but also some time to unwind. Thanks for any suggestions.

We did Empress of the Seas back in 1999 to Bermuda, and loved her. She's small enough to go to both Hamilto and St. George. This will be the last year she sails for RCCL. She does have some cruises in September to Bermuda. We sailed into Bermuda on a much larger ship last year and docked at the Royal Dockyard. It was very nice, but we liked docking in Hamilton much better.

I agree with Rogue, a ship docked in Hamilton would be much better than the Royal Dockyard. Easiter to get around and able to spend more time on the island without all that travel. Can't comment on the Celebrity ship since I've never sailed her but Celebrity tends to be a slightly older crowd.

• 1 year later...
None of the ships dock in Hamilton anymore. I prefer St. George's to the Wharf, but any port in Bermuda is paradise.

I agree completely. While the Wharf is a bit out of the way the transportation system is fast and dependable. I love Bermuda

I will be going on the Caribbean Princess in 13 days to Bermuda. It does dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard, though. I'll let you know how it is and give you a full review when we come back.

• 2 weeks later...

[We have done the Boston to Bermuda 11 times and just love being docked in St George for 3 days. Too bad this year is the last time we will get to do it. The Spirit takes over next year but will be out at the dockyard. Also it will not be staying as long as the Dream or Majesty did.

We are doing a land vacation in Bermuda in May 2009 and will be staying in St George for a whole week. Can't wait!