• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Empress of the Seas - Virtual Tour

Rate this topic

I don't know if any of you have seen the virtual tour I made of the Empress of the Seas back when I was working as the video tech onboard, but if you haven't...you should! It's a lot of fun, and gives you a really good idea of what the ship looks like. There are even a few hidden shots from restricted areas on the ship that you can find if you're clever. Look for the bridge, the main service corridor, the broadcast room and my cabin...they're all there!

Here's the link. I hope you enjoy it!

http://tinyurl.com/34jv4l

PS: Please use Firefox to view the site, as Explorer does some weird formatting things. If you're not already using Firefox, I highly recommend it...as it's much better than Explorer. You can even bring across all your bookmarks, so you don't lose any of the convenience! You'll also need QuickTime to look at the tour...but it's free, and again...it's a good thing to have these days.

I was just offered another fill-in contract on the ship as a videographer, but can't be away from Vancouver this summer...so if anyone knows how to make videos, maybe you can get paid to cruise!

I'm glad people like the tour, and I hope you're all using Firefox to view it, because IE doesn't work so well.

I had not trouble using IE7 to view it. Nice pages.

The ship is sailing out of Norfolk from Apr 28 to July 21 on cruises to Bermuda. Because of the short transit time to Bermuda, the ship is in port for most of four days and three nights, with the first two nights in Hamilton and the last night in St George Island. It has been selling well. My daughter even went on the May 5 sailing because she and her husband never went on a honeymoon, and the children are old enough to stay with grandparents. They had a great time aboard her, especially parttying into the night with two other couples they met.

We wereon her back in 1999 on our 1st cruise. We loved her, and she was a big reason we got hooked on cruising. Great tour. Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on ships off and on since 2000. I worked for Royal Caribbean for 5 years, and then worked on "The World of ResidenSea" for a year.

Royal Caribbean was a lot of fun, and I started as Stage Staff...finishing as a Head Video Technician. The job was really interesting, the people were great...and I got to go on the Legend for 2 of it's Royal Journeys before they cancelled them after 9/11.

The World...well, I've been sworn to secrecy on that one. I am legally not allowed to discuss my time there, but I can tell you that it is unlike any cruise ship I've ever been on...and if you make 2.5mil / yr, you should really think about buying an apartment...it's an amazing experience.

I've got photos of it up on my website, but I'm not allowed to give the address on this site.

That's correct, Jeff. The advertising policies as outlined in the Board Guidelines apply to you and your website, just as much to you as everyone else out of fairness and respect for all advertising partners.