• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cozemel

Rate this topic

ns1986a

Skipper,

Was it Playa Uvas or Nachi Cocoom? Or somewhere else entirely? :) I know San Francisco has an All Incl, but can't recall how much it is.

I've been narrowing it down. Or Cozumel stop is 7a-5p. I'm working on arranging shopping, snorkling at Dhul Ha (or Palancar), and then a lazy/fun time at Paradise Beach. I was trying to fit going to the wild side too, but i have to save stuff for future cruises, right? :-)

I have been plying my hubby with activity questions a little at a time -- he doesn't like to talk vacation planning with me really. I've found he isn't interested in parasailing, but banana boat got a smile and jet skis got a "Oh ya! I'd love that!" Me? I want to enjoy a massage on the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise. Our first stop was Cozumel. I can't recommend a beach, but I will tell you to avoid the "Zip Line and Snorkel" excursion from Royal Caribbean. We thought we were going to be zipping through trees, instead we were taken to a resort which had been destroyed in 1998 by a hurricane. We climbed up three towers (tallest one was 60 feet) and there was ONE zip line not more than 30 feet long. We then were taken on a guided snorkel in front of the old hotel with the guide carrying a bottle of fish food so the fish would gather around him and follow him. The only positive thing I can say was that we received a free drink and there was a beautiful pool and view from the patio. The excursion cost $72 per person and we had to pay for lockers on top of that. I left feeling very ripped off. I would not recommend the excursion to anyone.

I know from past sailing friends that Cozumel has some very good snorkeling. We, on the other hand,are useally excursioned out by the time we arrive there and just do a little last minute shopping and site seeing around the dock.

Jim