• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Conquest Cruise

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! On July 22 we're cruising on the Conquest out of Galveston. This will be our 5th cruise so we're not totally new to the cruise scence, but want some pointers on how to make this the BEST cruise ever (10 year anniv).

I'm sort of torn because I couldn't decide between the cruise or a land all-inclusive. Went with cruise in the end. So, if you've cruised this ship before (or if you haven't) give me some tips.

One more thing, I really wanted a balcony but they were sold out (at least thats what the TA I used said), any tips on trying to find a balacony (if still available) wanted too.

Thanks

Hey shebert

There is no doubt in my mind that there are no longer balconies available at this late date..

I would suggest however, call your TA and ask them to make a post-it and put it up where it will remind them to check everyday for you.. sometimes people cancel at the last minute.... be diligent is my best advice.. good luck and Happy anniversary!

joey

Shebert - we loved the Conquest - but be forwarned - she can be very confusing to get around - like trying to find the dining room. If you have a brochure from Carnival with deck plans - clip out the pages and take them with you - that should help! We found there were several "you can't get there from here" spots lol.

You can tell the maitre'd it's your anniversary (do this first night in the dining room) and that should take care of things for you.

Good to see you posting and if you have any other questions about the Conquest just ask :o)

Shebert,

Since it is so close to the sail date, I would keep an eye on Carnivals site, to see if any balconies open up. All Travel agencies would have had to turn any inventory in by now. So the chance of getting one is strictly through the cruiseline itself.

Good Luck my fingers will be crossed for you...

Oh and call your TA and tell he/she to keep an eye open for a balcony for you as well, and remind them that you are celebrating 10yrs of marriage... :thumbup:

Thanks Guys. I called my TA and told them we're celebrating 10 years. Here's the response I got..#1...oh, that's good...so I don't think THEY REALLY GET IT! On our first cruise, our TA had champagne and snacks sent to our room (that was NCL though) and on our last NCL cruise we were invited to a little celebration party. I don't remember Carnival having that, but have never sailed Carnival 7 days before (just NCL).

Thanks for the tip on getting around the ship. That's the first thing I like to do...go exploring!!!!

What about Jamica? Should we stay on the ship or maybe do an excursion? I've heard some nasty things about the place.

Shebert, we have celebrated an anniversary while on a Carnival cruise and they brought a lovely cake to the table and sang to us. We also got a bottle of Champagne sent to the cabin, but then, all of our cruises have been on Carnival, so that may have been because we are past guests. If I were you, I would call Carnival customer service myself. As a surprise to hubby, you can have the stateroom decorated for $32, here is a link to that: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCar...ons&pid=80D