• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our recent Enchantment of the Seas cruise

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

I didn't write a review because I just did one 2 months ago when we sailed her. This cruise was as great as the last one but I have 2 additional things to tell you.

On this cruise, we were offered a backstage tour with one of the lead singers , the dance captain and the stage director. I loved this. They showed us where they change costumes, how everything is lined up and labeled for each dancer and singer. They answered all of our questions about life aboard the ship as an entertainer. They showed us the costumes and how they change so quickly . They explained everything in detail. I and the others who did this really enjoyed getting up close with these entertainers. If you have the opportunity to do this activity, take advantage.

Now, for the weird event. The ship docked in Ft. Lauderdale at the end of the cruise about 6 AM. Since we always do the Travel Lite or early debarkation we were in the atrium by 8 aM. When we got to the atrium , Wayne looked out the window and said that something was weird because he saw a boat going by on the side that we exit the ship on. A few minutes later, the captain came on the loud speaker and said that the ship had been docked incorrectly and we had to go back out a bit to turn the ship around. . Well, an hour later we were pulled up to the dock correctly. Weird, huh??? We were wondering why they didn't figure that out when they first docked at 6AM. We've never experienced that before. Ya think somebody might have partied a little too much??? or what???

Anyhoo, it was a perfect cruise. We're hoping to sail the Enchantment again soon. This is , by far , our favorite ship. We love the Windjammer , the service, the food choices, those windows with gorgeous view. We love Deck 5 where we can do our walking in the shade without having to go to the sports deck.

If anyone has any questions about this ship, please don't hesitate to post your questions under CruiseDiscussion where everyone can see the questions and answers.

Really nice! I wonder something about the backstage tours. I dont know if you ever did it. But is it available for everybody to get a tour of the kitchens. I remember my grandparents doing it last year. Wonder if I can do it ? Anyone any information how to suscribe to this tours? Thank you! And thanks for the short review!

Chiara

Chiara,

We've done the tour of the galley in the past , years ago. I haven't seen it offered recently but all of the ships are different. I'm sure on some ships you can do that. In fact, years ago, we also got a tour of the bridge but for security reasons, I don't believe they do that anymore. We didn't have to reserve a spot for any of these tours. They are listed in the daily activities paper they put under your door each night. You just need to show up at the place and time that is listed. Thanks for your response, Chiara.

Cheryl I am so glad your anniversary Cruise was all you wanted and expected...

Oh wow that is sooo cool.. i bet that was neat,,,

the captain came on the loud speaker and said that the ship had been docked incorrectly and we had to go back out a bit to turn the ship around. . Well, an hour later we were pulled up to the dock correctly. Weird, huh???

Actually Cheryl It was because of a little know mariner law that says you can't dock unless you say "mother may I".. :biggrin: Little known fact ... look it up!!..... You may Use it as you will! :biggrin:

Cheryl - sounds like your cruise was everything you hoped. So glad you had a good time. I have never done the backstage tour but will have to look into it during our August cruise. That is so weird about the ship docking and then leaving port again. Never had that happen before.