• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Shore Excursions Would you......????

Rate this topic

Would you or have you ever gone on a shore excursion and left your mate on ship??? Would you sign up and go alone?

DH is not a water person and I'm dying to do the America's Cup in St Maarten. I arranged to go with my DD a few years ago and she backed out so I cancelled. We are going to St. Maarten again soon and I always think of that trip that never happened. I've always heard wonderful things about it and DH is OK with me going alone. So would you do it?????

Definitely do it, if it's something you've been looking forward to for such a long time.

Hubby and I have done a few different excursions separately. He likes deep sea fishing, you wouldn't catch me on a small boat. Well, if you did catch me on a small boat...it wouldn't be pretty! He fished in Alaska and I went to a culinary spectacular and learned how to cook the items he caught!

Yes...do the excursion if you like, and enjoy!

yes ..most definately... if something was of great interest to me or my David and the other one wasn't as enthusiastic about it .. it would be disappointing to experience it alone but by all means we would enrich ourself with that expierence...

Very good question. We prefer to do excursions together as we search out the ones that involve beach time. Walking around old buildings or monuments etc don't appeal. However if Donna wanted a shopping trip then she'd go without me and I would crash out by the ship's pool or have a nap in our stateroom.

Regards,

James

Go for it Rose. Jim did the America's Cup Regatta in Nassau....I had absolutely no interest in doing it so I sent him on alone and had a very restful day looking through the shops and then sitting by the pool back on the ship.

I did it in France. Roe wanted to visit Paris and I've been there many times, so she went with friends and I went to the Normandy Beaches alone.

Was one of the most moving shore excursions I've ever taken and I'm kind of glad I did it alone. The visit to the American Cemetery might have bored her, but it brought me to tears.

And the visit to Pont du Loc where the Ranger Division climbed the cliffs was beyond words for me. I trained as an Army Ranger and met some of the guys during my training who made that climb! They experienced close to 70 percent casulties and to stand on that ground was an experience I'll never forget.

My hat is off to the Greatest Generation!!