• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo

Rate this topic

KimmyKat

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I are crusing to these ports in October and we have decided on the types of excursions we want to do, but don't know which ports off the best in those.

We would like to do a beach excursion. Somewhere we can not only relax but perhaps rent some water toys.

We would also like to snorkel and my husband is thinking of looking into scuba diving (he is certified) too.

We want to know if the cliff divers is a must see in Acapulco. Neither of us are big on "tours". We just don't go in for the 5-7 hour tours, but we do like guided excursions that give you your own time as well.

Can any of you give advice as to which ports are best for these? Where is the best port to shop? Any out of the way places that were real bargains...or just some great food you found? Anything would help.

Thanks.

We did the Mexican Riviera With Celebrity.

As we already had gone to Acapulco and had never seen the "donwtown area", we just walked around and loved it.

Ixtapa, we had already gone again, we took the local bus from Zihuatanejo and went to visit it again.

Manzanillo -- we took the excursion that brought us close to the volcanoes. We were not lucky as we could not see them from the road, but we enjoyed the excursion because it gave us a chance to see the country road in that area.

• 4 weeks later...

In Acapulco, almost all excurisions will take you to see the Cliff Divers. A must see if you have never seen them before. We have seen them twice and take a pass in January when we return.

The other two ports I really hardly remember it's been so many years ago since we visited. But, we will be returning in January and will be looking for your review upon your return.

• 3 weeks later...

Acapulco also has a neat little market place not far from where the ships dock. There's also an amazing coffee shop - they sell all kinds of great South American coffees - we bought a few pounds to bring home.

• 2 months later...

I know its late to reply but I'll throw in my $.02 for anyone who views this in the future. In Acapulco we did the "Birds and turtles" excursion which was a blast since we got to release baby turtles back into the ocean. We did also have time to go shopping AND see the late show of the cliff divers.

The other ports aren't as "Tourist-y" as Acapulco so we just went to the beach in Ixtapa and went shopping in Manzanillo.