• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Room service question

Rate this topic

shebert

I tip $2 or $3 depending on how much stuff they have to bring. I use room service every cruise alot!

Snack before diner, coffee & smoked salmon, danish, juice..all standard order for me every morning... I let the kids throw a party in the cabin one night while we go to diner.

There is no bill just sign for it is all. That person works for those tips though!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right jacketwatch, no 15% since there is no bill.....I always tip room service, more for a full meal and for standing orders like morning coffee.

Thanks everyone...I'm glad I asked b/c my husband and I had this conversation and he said "no tipping, it's included".

So what's the standard tip amount?

Being in the Service business for many years it's hard to get a lot of people to tip. I have never liked to add a standard 15% to a check. I feel the customer should tip according to the service, but many will skip out and leave nothing to the server, who has busted their back trying to please them.

Don't blame the server for food that's bad from the kitchen...that's the cook's fault.

15% is kind of a standard, but with rising fuel cost, and cost of living we should all start looking at 17% as a baseline and adjust from there....poor service...10 - 5%...for the effort. I usually tip 20% or more depending on the service...attentive but not bugging me every 5 minutes; once I answer that the food is good...don't keep asking... :cool2:

Just a quick addition here. We nearly always use RS on the last night of the cruise. Sort of a tradition with us. Maybe a cheese and tomato sandwich with chips or something like that This will be about 1030 p.m. Tipping of course is up to one's discretion.

Regards,

James.