• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

do you go to the formal nights

Rate this topic

frostyboy64

do you go to the formal nights on cruises?

if so

do you rent or own a tux or just ware a suit?

some cruises have two nights that are formal

do you do both?

i have been on a lot of cruises but only went to a formal night one time.

on my upcoming cruise i am going with alot of people and they are all going to the formal nights

but i do not know if i should ware a tux or suit? :blink:

help!!!!!!!!!!!<]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always do the formal nights. My wife and I both like to dress up for those nights.I bought a tux for cruising, and have never felt out of place. Many men wear suits, and some will wear sports coats. However your comfortable is the way to dress. This is your cruise. There is a different atmosphere in the dining room, though, on those days.

Good Morning Frostboy,

I see your next cruise will be on RCI. In my experience, in the past I have never worn a suit-in fact I don't own one! When attending formal nights up to 2006, I have worn my sports jacket and gray slacks along with white shirt and appropriate tie.However our last cruise was on Celebrity and I purchased a tuxedo ensemble.There was only one formal night and I joined most other male passengers all dressed up in their tuxedos.RCI, like Carnival, NCL Princess don't really mind how you are dressed when you show up in the dining room. I have witnessed every kind of attire except people in underwear!!!!. My wife and I always attend formal nights-they make for a great atmosphere. So to sum up-dress as you would for a night out with your spouse in a top class restaurant where you live.

Regards,

James

:cool2: Yes we do go to formal nights and I have always worn a suit. Its closer to suggested attire to wear a dark suit but honestly I don't think the colors matters. In the Med I wore a tan, cotton suit. No worries. Cheers, Larry

Dh loves to dress up for formal nights - that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol. Actually I talked him into a new suit so he will look really spiffy for the next cruise. And - he's all set for upcoming marryins and buryins! :o)

I love to dress up - anything shiny and glittery and I' good to go.

A suit is just fine and you will see lots of men in just the dress shirt, tie and slacks. Whatever you feel (and look) good in.

Yes we go to both formal nights every cruise. DH wears a dark suit. He really needs a tux as he looks marvelous in it! :thumbup:

He usually takes his suit. 2 dress shirts of different colors (white for the first formal night usually) and 2 different ties so he'll look different in each picture.

Formal nights are my favorite nights. Last year, we rented a tux for Mike. He blended right in with a lot of people wo decided to get that dressed up. On our last cruise, we brought 2 suits from home. (Wanted to save the expense of renting a tux this time.) Suits are just fine unless all the people you are going with are wearing tuxes. Hope this helps.

Ken wears a dark pin stripe suit and like a lot of the men here brings two dress shirts and two different ties. He is not a tux person and the only time I liked him in a tux is when the kids got married....I like him better in a dark suit.........He is sexier..............just imho