• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

do you go to the formal nights

Rate this topic

frostyboy64

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby has done the entire thing... tuxes and dark suits. He prefers his dark suit, 2 different shirts and ties. But for a couple of years we found ourselves doing three cruises a year and didn't feel like doing all the formals nights.... so we would just go to the last one, because that's the one that all the cruiselines serve lobster! Whatever you're comfy with will work.

Coolness! Jeff, my husband, doesn't own a suit either. I offered to buy a tux (found a few not too expensive ones -- just double what renting would be) but he didn't like that idea. However, he said a quick SURE! to renting one. My jaw dropped down :P lol. He likes the idea of not schlepping it on board or worrying about taking care of it. He doesn't know yet that I plan on us taking a LOT more cruises ;-)

But I'm really happy to hear someone else renting them. I was hoping I wasn't steering him wrong there offering that as a choice. I saw it on the carnival site when I was looking for the drink coupons.

We used to do the whole formal thing but Wayne just wouldn't do it on our last few cruises. He says he gets dressed up for work every day so when he cruises, he wants to just relax and be casual. He does wear dress slacks , though, and I usually wear black dress slacks and a nice top. that's about as formal as we've been getting lately.