• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

NCL's new dress code

Rate this topic

:cool2: NCL has amended their dress code to include jeans at dinner or really just about everything it seems. Yikes! There is one restaurant where jeans are not allowed. what do you think and would this change a decision you made about cruising with them? Personally and though I am not a huge fan of formal night I do like smart casual so this is a majot turn of for me.

I find that there is no real dress code on most ships now. There is little enforcement of their policies, and NCL just verified that. I'll continue to dress as I always do on cruises despite what others do. We do like to get dressed up on formal nights, but that's a personal choice,

And what's next? Thongs, bikinis, mini shorts!!! At one time cruising was a class act. A different vacation that stood out from the resorts and holiday camps. Nowadays the "anything goes" attitude prevails. If ever all cruise lines rid themselves of formal nights that would be the end of cruising for me. I'm not a snob by any means but seeing well dressed people in a ship's dining room adds a touch of class not found anywhere else. I'm sure many of you enjoy NCL but I have never liked what I've read about them. This dress code thing just drops them another notch.

Regards,

James.

Being that my first cruise is coming up, I am looking forward to the nights that we dress up and the nights we just go casual...I do believe that shorts, jeans, flip-flops, and the rest of the beachwear can be worn all over the ship to get something else to eat...the Dining Room should still be a comfortable Class Act. :cool2: