• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Loco in Acapulco Vegas Trip

Rate this topic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question that may need to be answered by Chuck or Linda. As for the Desert Rose, we are thinking that is where we will stay and I think Linda said she and Wayne were going to also. I know it was mentioned about Chuck checking on a group discount, but at this point, even if Smoo and Lisa were to stay there, we would only need 4 rooms at the most, so would a group discount even apply? I was wondering because that doesn't seem like enough rooms to qualify for a discount and if that is the case, I might as well go ahead and book ours....

I think that Kevin and Jeannette are coming too. Do we have to book this early? I'd like to see us wait a bit and see who else hops on board. Or those that want to can go ahead and book Desert Rose and we'll see what happens. I can't swing booking right now...hospital bills and all. I'm thinking Oct., Nov.

Vicky, is Kevin and Jeanette your friends from work? I don't know if we have to pay a deposit now or not. It just said a credit card number was needed to hold your reservation. When we do book, I will have to remember to check the credit card statement. I am so bad - we only use American Express and I never even look at the bill, and Greg never says anything to me, he just pays it. Okay, I guess I should rephrase that, because there are times he does say something to me about it, but it usually isn't asking what certain charges are - it is usually "stop spending so much!!!".

yeah....Jeannette is my bud. Right now they are planning on going....but if Kevin decides to go back to active duty (he's in the Army), that could change. They're supposed to be going on Loco too. I'm hoping he stays reserves. He's already done 3 tours of Iraq. But he's Army through and through. I think he's missing it. :unsure:

Okay, I am jumping the gun - call me over anxious, but I decided to try booking online and see what happened. I can cancel up until 2 days before arrival and not be charged 1 nights penalty. Anyway, I did put in my Amex number, but I don't know if I will be charged a deposit on it or not. I didn't find anything concerning that online. I guess it doesn't matter - if they do charge me one, that is just that much less we have to pay when we check in. If something comes up or we all decide to stay somewhere else, I will just cancel that reservation and not be out anything. At least this way, I know we are covered!!! Hey Vicky, can your friend get a government rate at the Desert Rose? I don't know what that constitutes, but wondered if military fell under that category - that rate would be much cheaper for them. I booked a 1 bedroom at the AAA rate of $457 for the 3 nights.

Wow Cheryl!!! I can't believe you beat me to the reservation!!! BUT ~ I'll bet you haven't sent out your Christmas list yet to the family ~ I have!! :rolleyes2:

Cheryl ~ You can register your AMEX card on line:

https://www.americanexpress.com/home

& check for charges there. - they show up within 24 hours. We too only use 1 card the AmEx (we have an ATM/Debit thing too but not for travel or large purchases) we love the on-line access - You can go back months/years etc. to check stuff. For me - I am putting our shore excursions, spa stuff etc. for Aruba on it now. Then I print out that page of the bill & file it with the e-mail or voucher I get from the provider.

We have only had 1 problem when traveling - when a Dive Store in Cabo San Lucas charged us twice for a dive trip. $ 89.00 X 2. I called Amex - they put the charges on hold for 30 days - waited for the dive place to reply - when they didn't we weren't charged. I LOVE that card!! :wub:

I think I'll go ahead & reserve our 1 bedroom suite then too - if things change we can always cancel & go with the group!!

When does Lisa come back from her "holiday" eh?? (I can say that as my Mom is a Canadian citizen - from Swan Lake, Manitoba!!)

Linda

PS - Wayne has the songs that we have requested so far - downloaded & ready to go. I have prepared an i-Pod bag - speakers, etc. for out by the pool!!

KEEP THE SONG REQUESTS COMING!![/size]

Linda, Greg does have the Amex resistered online - he does the paperless billing. I will have him check tomorrow and see if there are any charges from the Desert Rose. Having our reservation makes the Vegas trip just seem more real. I am like you - to me, half the fun is in the planning stage and I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to the planning. You're right, I haven't sent my Christmas list out yet - but I do have some of my cards addressed!!!