• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival's New Drink of the Day Glass

Rate this topic

mickey02454

Hey JR, it was great to see you back online. Did you go on the same cruise that Robert and Annie went on?

That was the fun part, Robert didn't know we were going. We just showed up at their room and supprised them. It was almost impossible to keep it a secret for 5 months but we managed to do it.

I bet that was funny - did you happen to get a pic of his face when he opened the door? There is no way I would have been able to keep mum about it for that long. I am leaving next week, on Friday to head to Galveston and we will be sailing on the COnquest for the first time - what was your impression of the ship?

I turned my camera on video and just shot the entire entrance :tongue: . It was hard to suprise them since the entire family loves to blab secrets (me included).

The Conquest was a huge ship. The thing to remember is to get to the lobby on level 3 or the pictures on level 4 or the spa on one of the upper levels you have to go to the forward elevators. The main dining room is in the back so use the aft elevators. To get to the Point dining room you have to use the middle elevators. Level 9 is the buffet and you can use all 3 sets of elevators to get there. Just like my first cruise the elevators posed quite a challenge. I watched several times as they went right past my floor to the top so me and my defective knee ended up having to take the stairs. The crew was super nice and we got really lucky and got a great room steward (spelling?). If you see a steward named Super tell him room 7425 said hello lol. I did feel bad for Robert and Annie, their steward pretty much sucked. The waiters were good for entertainment but we didnt get the attention that we got on RC. I guess when it comes to the staff that is helping you directly its just the luck of the draw. All in all the ship was very nice and they kept it as clean as possible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's just not the top. That's the whole glass. The fin on top screws off. And there's a hole for the straw.

Sorry Smoo I was unable to grab one, at the time they didnt have any at several bars and I forgot later on, Sorry but Ill get you one next time youll probably have it grabbed by someone or it breaks! :ohmy:

The special cups were hard to find after a day or two. My wife (Roberts daughter) lost one of hers on the second day at see. I went to buy another and the entire ship was sold out. I ended up with one of the green mugs and gave her my red one. Once we saw the smoke stack drinks we bought one instantly since I knew they would be gone soon. Luckely we bought 2 since one cracked on the way home (pack them carefully, they arent very strong).

I forgot to mention it can double and a bank. They have a long slit where the straw goes for dollar bills. (not recomended for use as a bank while drinking out of it)

The drink of the day in the new funnel cup is $9.95.......they had them on our last Miracle cruise. I sold mine on eBay for $28 :laugh: Plan to get some more next week. They aren't as big as they look in the pic but they're kinda neat since they're a break from the usual souvenir cup